We recently returned from a wonderful vacation in Southern California. I have been coming to this area in So Cal for 42 years; my parents brought our family for the first time during the summer of 1968. Mike and I spent our honeymoon in San Clemente, and first brought our children to the beach house in 1984. We've enjoyed many visits since and look forward to many more.

This was the first time that we have stayed in this particular beach house. The bottom window is G'pa and G'ma's room and Caitlin's room is just above. We were very lucky and got to stay in the upstairs master bedroom at the front of the house; facing t'ocean.

Every morning Mike and I enjoy our daily walk down Beach Road. On this particular morning we walked across the Pacific Coast Highway, up a steep road and into the community just above us. This overlook is directly above the beach house.

Our beach house is in the center of the picture, just two houses away from our usual house. Directly below us is the Pacific Coast Highway, the railroad tracks, and Beach Road (private road). There is a brick wall that runs the length of Beach Road separating it from the tracks. As you can see our front yard is the beach.

San Clemente is our neighboring community and we love to spend time there each time we go to the beach house. We love to walk on the pier, swim in t'ocean, shop.... Mike and I love to eat at the
Fisherman Restaurant (on the pier) every time we visit; it's our favorite vacation restaurant.


This year we did something that we have never done before in all of the years we have come here... we went on an ocean cruise. I.LOVED.IT. It is one of the funnest things that I have ever done. I love t'ocean and I loved being out in the middle of it.

We saw hundreds of dolphins, the captain told us that for every one we see on the surface... there are seven just below.


Here we are arriving back at Dana Point Harbor. Mike stood in this spot at the very front of the boat for the entire two hours. It was an amazing ride.

My nephew Michael and his little friend Jack. They each seem to be missing something.

Caitlin enjoying her time in the sun.
8 comments:
Les, it looks like it was an amazing vacation! I love the pictures of the dolphins - how awesome!
AAhhh..I am so jealous! I may have to stow away in your luggage next year!
I'm so glad you had a fun time!! It's fun to look at your pictures and it helps to take me back there. We will have to the ocean cruise next time we go. I told Tim I would take him there for his 50th birthday next year :).
I hope you are having a fun summer...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY...TOMORROW!!
How soon can we go back?
You always do a great job of reporting :o)
What fun you had. I love the pictures. By the way- Happy Birthday to you (Do) Happy Birthday to you (Do) Happy Birthday, Dear Lesley, Happy Birthday to you. I have a gift for you, but it may be tomorrow before I can sneak away. (I have to pay the fiddler for being away all week.) Love you!
Great post Les! I'm jelly.
looks like a great vacation at t'ocean. love the pix of the dolphins. i want to say i want to do it but one time alan took me and the kids whale watching and I was seasick for days, so i'm just happy with reading other people's stories and looking at the pictures, so I'm glad you included that. :-)
One day I am going to stay at a Beach House for a vacation. How very very fun!
Post a Comment