It's wonderful. It's amazing. It's incredible. It's our float, and... It's FINISHED!!!
You are all invited to come see it at the Float Preview Party on Monday and Tuesday July 19th and 20th at the South Towne Expo Center. The party begins at 11 am and ends at 9 pm on both days. And best of all... it's FREE!!!
Our float was the first to arrive early this morning; we have the #1 spot so it should be the first one you see when you enter. At 4 am this morning Mike, Richard Rowe, Kim McKean, and Keith Maloy hitched up the float and towed it to the Expo Center where it will remain until 4 am next Friday morning when they return to bring it back for the Bountiful parade.
Mike was approached by the man in charge and we were asked to be there at 5:30 am on Monday morning to be interviewed by channel 2 news. So... we'll see what happens, maybe we'll be on, maybe we won't... but I'm going to set my DVR just in case.
Come to the preview party and vote for our float in the People's Choice and the Children's Choice categories.
Gotta run... I have a huge clean-up to do over at the shop.
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Congratulations Les! I know this has been a very time consuming project for you!
We'll be there to vote!!!
See you there!!!!
#1 is the proper position!!!!!
Dad prayed for the float!!!!said he had never done that before!!!! but after all that work it needs protection!!!!
Congratulations Les! Wish you the best on the TV interview and the awards! All the hard work is now going to bring fruit.
P.S. Mom's comment about Dad praying for a float for the very first time ever is funny:-)
Maybe I'll take my kids on a field trip Monday or Tuesday...
This is definitely a great field trip idea.
Way to go!! I knew you would do it. We will try and get there also. (Can this be a rigged contest? Does it matter how many people vote?) It was announced in church this morning. Hopefully all over the stake. I can't wait to see it!
Okay, so we went for FHE last night to see the float. I am NOT prejudiced. That was the best float there. You are fantastic. You did a great job of representing the theme, use of animation, fantastic art etc. I am sure we will have the best walker also. Good luck!!
I'm not from your area, but I just saw your float today at the expo center and wanted to say how wonderful I thought the characters on the float were. By far the best characters in the whole parade. Congratulations on such a wonderful creation!
Sorry we missed everyone. We went on Tuesday and it is even more impressive in person.
Post a Comment