I just returned from another wonderful two days at BYU Women's Conference. In 2007 I attended my first conference alone (my choice) then for the next few years my Mother and I attended together. Last year our group increased in size and this year there were ten of us including my mom and my sister, two sisters-in-law and their sisters. We enjoyed attending classes, going to dinners, a wonderful concert on Thursday night, lots of laughter and even a few tears. Elder Neil L. Andersen was our speaker at the concluding session and I had the opportunity to shake his hand. Here are a few of my favorite quotes from the classes that I attended:
"We are all in this 'til the conflict is over." Neil L. Andersen
"The future is as bright as your faith." Thomas S. Monson
"Conversion requires daily nourishment and renewel."
"There is need of much discipline in marriage; not of ones companion, but of oneself." Gordon B. Hinckley
"To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved." David O. McKay
"Information leads to inspiration."
"We are by nature... divine."
"Perfection is not a commandment... it is a promise."
"Our lives are the most powerful sermons we will ever preach."
"This life is not living the dream, it's meant to prepare for the dream."
"Prayer unlocks the power of heaven in our behalf."
"Go home and be stronger."
"Choose joy!!"
"Scatter sunshine all along your way."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
One of these days when the kids are older, I am going to this! Looks like you had a wonderful time.
I had a great time and I love your quotes too!!
Post a Comment