Friday, April 13, 2012

Classics and Favorites: April 15, 1977

April 15, 2012 is tax day. On April 15, 1977 I didn't know anything about taxes. The day came and went and my taxes were never mailed. The government still owes me $30... I wonder how much interest I've earned on that.

April 15, 2012 is the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. My great-grandfather helped to build the Titanic in Belfast. My grandmother was six-years-old and was there when it was launched. When I found out that my ancestor had helped to build the Titanic I said, " I hope he didn't work on the part that broke."


On April 15, 2012 Michael and I will celebrate our thirty-fifth wedding anniversary. This is one of my favorite wedding pictures; we look so young... that's because we were (only 18 and 19). Thirty-five years later... we are happy, we love each other, we love our children and grandchildren, we are blessed more than I can express... life is good; can you imagine what eternity will be like?

5 comments:

Lilian said...

YAY! Happy Anniversary to two of my most favorite people in the world! Also the best movie buddies ever!!! Love you both... mean it twice!

Melwel said...

ahhhhhh...congrats! You are perfect for each other!

Georgia said...

Holy Cow! April 15 is my anniversary too, but we will only be at 29 years on 4/15/2012.

Congratulations on your big 35th! I hope you celebrate on Saturday or Monday in a big way to mark such a fabulous milestone!

Bea said...

Two medals are in order, one for good behaviour and one for long service. You can decide who gets which. :o)
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!

Marivic said...

I hope you guys had a great day on your anniversary. You deserve it.