Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Wrong Turn...Ooops!!

Twice a year we make a little trek down to the sewage plant in West Bountiful to pay our bill. I could send it in the mail but it's always been a little bit of a field trip to drive down the mile long road and see what life is like at the sewage plant. Today was the day, and so I decided to go on my way home from work. Since the Legacy Highway has been going full speed ahead, getting to the sewage plant (farthest spot west in our community) has required some detouring. The last time I went I actually drove across the northbound and southbound lanes of the new highway to a frontage road which runs along side of Legacy and I followed the signs right to the sewage plant. Today however, things had changed a bit and the signs led me to actually drive on the new highway. I was tempted to go home and get Caitlin (in years past the kids have always enjoyed the "field trip") so she could ride on the new road. It was truly adventurous. I got off the highway as directed and was now on the frontage road where I drove past the dump and the West Bountiful pond but somehow I made a wrong turn and I missed the sewage plant. I was completely surprised to see how far south I had driven when I saw a sign for a 500 south ramp (I should be at about 1200 North), and I realize that there are dump trucks coming towards me and all around me and I'm about to drive onto an overpass that they are building. I'm the only civilian driving in the middle of the work zone...ooops! I made the quickest 3 point turn in history and got out of there as fast (there weren't any speed limit signs) as I could. I finally found where I was supposed to go, made my payment and headed home. I think my sewage plant bill paying field trips are over, next time I'll mail it.

4 comments:

Lilian said...

HEY KOOL-AID!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little GrumpyAngel said...

LOL!!!!

Margie said...

I'm glad you are okay!! Your field trip adventures must run in the family. Tim loves doing stuff like that too!!

Tiffany said...

I laughed out loud at your post. You are so funny! Who makes a field trip out of a sewage bill!????!! I also laughed because Mike works on the highway and is always talking about the silly people that are driving/walking on it that shouldn't be!!! Love you tons!