All of the children and creatures you see in the pictures are carved from... styrofoam. Yes, I did say styrofoam.
Our handcart has some amazing wheels that will soon be attached, and they will actually be turning around as the float travels through the parade.
This is the same dog that was in the previous picture. Isn't he a cutie!! He has a tongue that still needs to be painted, and then attached with a spring so that it wags as he enjoys his ride through the parade.
These are our big rocks that have been sculpted out of... you guessed it, styrofoam. There will be some smaller rocks scattered on the bed of the float as well (I made a few of the little ones).
This is our turtle. He is so much happier now that he has some color in his life.
Here are some of our cloud makers with our Artistic Director (in the blue hat). The clouds are off to the right. They are also made of styrofoam.
Our airplane was built off-site, yesterday was the big day for it to arrive at the float-site. We were all pretty excited.
Can anyone guess what the body of the airplane is made of? You got it... styrofoam.
Doesn't it look fabulous!!!! It will have two working propellors on it's nose.
I climbed up on the float for this view of the airplane. Isn't it awesome!!!
Here I am covered in pieces of styrofoam; it really is messy stuff.I hope you enjoyed the short pictorial, there will be more to come. What do you think of our float? I'd love some comments.
13 comments:
The float looks amazing! I wish I were there to help. I'm ging to set my tivo so I can watch the parade and see the finished product. I miss you!
Jann Nelson Simpson
Wow! It looks spectacular! Those Styrofoam kids look amazing, as does everything else! Every time you update about the float I get more and more excited to see the finished product!
awesome. You are all having too much fun. I'm proud of you for accepting this out of your comfort zone assignment. You continue to amaze and inspire.
Styrofoam is messy!!!! I went to see the "operation" and who is going to clean all those bits up????? I will be out of town. :o) I think the airplane looks great!!!!!! I didn't think you would move it saturday because of the wind. I suppose that was a test of what to expect in the parade. You are all doing a fabulous job!!!!!
Keep on, keeping on.
Great pix, great commentary,
Like you thought, yes, I am very impressed. I love the planned effects of the wheels turning, tongue wagging and propellers moving! Wow. Can't wait to see it. Watch for me in the crowd-I'll be the loud, excited cheerer-on-er. Good work Lesley!
I had no idea you could make all of that stuff out of Styrofoam! Your float is looking great. I can't wait to see the finished project.
The float is beautiful. I am so impressed. You are fantastic co-chairmen. That said. I am looking forward to July 25th. Then I am planning some fun things! I am still willing to help Caitlin with her tribal wear. Tell her to call me...i will even shop with her!
The float looks spectacular!! I love it!! Did you know I love parades? I am so happy for you that things are coming together so well. What an experience this has been for you and Mike. I'm so impressed. Good job you two!
WOW!!! You and your committee have been BUSY! This is going to be an award winner for sure. Thanks for all the hard work you are putting in for our enjoyment. Like Tiffany, I will be cheering LOUD for the float and everyone who made it possible. Love ya! Mean It! Terri
Wow!!!! It really does look amazing, Lesley! I can't wait to see the finished product. Good job!
New comment. I was dreaming all morning (early...as in before I woke up for the day) about your float. By the way, it won all the prizes in my dream. It was incredible, but I was worried because in my dream you were being dragged behind it to pick up litter. What a nightmare!
Beautiful! You have some wonderfully talented people helping you!!!
Post a Comment