It isn't everyone whose Grandpa shows up at school with a coyote on his head, leather fringed pants, antlers around his neck, and a bowie knife strapped to his hip.
During the presentation, Grandpa "dressed" Adam as he explained all about what the mountain men wore.
Now that is some new outfit!
When Mike left the office after lunch, his co-worker said that he didn't want to hear on the evening news that a man showed up at a local school with guns and knives. When we arrived at the school, Andy went in to make sure it was okay. Obviously we passed. What is it about boys and guns?
Zach was able to leave his class to come see Grandpa's presentation as well. I think both both boys were pretty happy; umm... I mean, all three boys.
Following Mike and Andy out of the school was fun. As we left the building some of the things I heard were "oohhh" and "aahhh" and "cool". It was a fun afternoon.
4 comments:
He did the same for Taylor too! It's always so funny when the kids have some special visitor in the class. Suddenly they have 25 best friends and they are the most popular kid in school.
What a good grandpa.... (and uncle!)
I am proud of Mike. I am positive that the school had a great treat. I am more positive that Adam and Zach had a bigger one. What a great Grandpa. That post brings back a bucketful of memories.
How cute is that!! I love the pictures too. My dad used to come to my elementary school and tell stories to the children once a year. Still to this day I have people tell me that they remember my dad doing that. That will live on forever as a sweet memory of Adam, Zach and the other students too.
This is a fun post! I don't know anything about Mountain Men come to think of it, but I sure love Mike's costume. And the big smiles on Mike's, Adam's and Zach's and Andy's faces, well, that told a lot.
Post a Comment