Friday, March 30, 2012

Classics and Favorites: Sibs and Kids


Don't you love it when pictures appear that you've never seen before? Especially if your kids are in them. This picture is a new favorite for me, it just came into my possesion in the last year or so.

This is my only sister; Lilian, and my baby brother; David, with my baby boy; Jeremy. I had three children before any of my siblings even started having kids. Consequently, although they missed out on having cousins very close to their ages, they had the benefit of being the "onlys" for a few years. The only grandchildren and the only nephews... on both sides of family.

My siblings loved my children and they built relationships with them that have endured through adulthood. Lilian and David were my best babysitters when the boys were little. Lilian grew up and started her own family, and teenager David one day proclaimed that he wasn't babysitting again... and he didn't; until Caitlin came along.

Lilian is my only sister and she's the best! I love going to her house and I often invite myself over for movies and her fabulous popcorn, Mike and I have a reserved seat. We can talk on the phone forever... and still have things to say an hour later. She is willing to help out at the deli on a moments notice if needed, and everyone likes it when she comes to work. She's fun! I love my sista Ririan!

David is my baby brother. He has a heart of gold. When he knocks on my door I know it's him because nobody can knock on a door the way he does. We have a telephone ritual that never fails. He can make you laugh 'til it hurts... but can also bring a tear to your eye.

When I see this picture of Jeremy I just want to cuddle him in my arms again. His little Tanner reminds me of him when he was the same age. What a precious baby boy, and he still is... my baby boy!

Love you Jer Bear and Leenz and Wayway!!

3 comments:

Lilian said...

Classic picture indeed. Sounds like you have an amazinz sister! Just like MINE! :-)

Love ya! Mean it!

Margie said...

This picture transported me too. I love it!! I also liked you title "sibs & kids."

Kathy said...

So cute! I was catching up on your blog a bit, love it. Still. ;o)