Tuesday, May 8, 2012

We Also Sing 2012

I have once again had the opportunity to sing with the wonderful choir We Also Sing under the direction of Merrilee Webb. We have been rehearsing for a couple of months and I'm really excited about the songs we are singing. While telling my hometeacher (remember he's musical... a member of the King Family) about the concert on his recent visit, he asked me what kind of music we will be singing. Well, our repertoire is vast. Two of the songs we will be singing are Bridge Over Troubled Water and Praise To The Man. We will also be singing Orinoco Flow and if anyone reading this post knows Orinoco Flow I'd love you to comment. I've heard this song many, many times and didn't know the title. The song mentions Cebu (in the Philippines) where my sister-in-law Marivic is from. Being in a choir that Merrilee directs has been and continues to be, an uplifting and motivational experience for me. Merrilee tells us that the rehearsals are for us... but the concert is for the audience. So please join us Friday May 11, at 6:30 in the Salt Lake Tabernacle. It is free and is only one hour long. You won't regret it. 

4 comments:

BobN said...

Orinoco Flow should be a fun one. In the studio version, Enya does all of the voices and instruments herself, and there are a lot of layers and harmonies.

AnJ. said...

I love Orinoco Flow! I so wish I was going to be in town and I would come for sure. I bet it's a wonderful concert.

Georgia said...

I am familiar with Orinoco Flow and have a couple of versions in my CD collection. I love the Enya one best. I always think about my youngest child, Camille, making up her own words to it when she was about 3 years old. She would hold up her little hand in a 'stop' fashion and sing, "Stay Away, stay away, stay away". Camille is nearly 19 now and I still smile every time I hear that song.

Margie said...

I heard it was wonderful!! I wish we could have been there!