The week after we returned from Disneyland, Mike and I spent the weekend in Yellowstone. The much cooler temperatures were a welcome reprieve after our hot summer here at home. On Saturday morning as we left our hotel and drove into the park it was 16 degrees... I loved it!!!
Mike has an amazing eye... he sees everything!! He can drive and will see things in the sky, on the mountain, in the meadow, in the river, on the lake... sometimes as we drive by, I'm still looking for what he's already seen. It truly is a gift he has.
He also knows the names of every animal he sees, some of them I've never even heard of before. He's always pleased when I see an animal first, and when I point out things like "this is bear country" or "this is moose country" as we drive through certain areas in the park (I'm not just an ocean girl).
We stopped at Mike's favorite place in the park... Hayden Valley. He got out of the car, set up his chair and spotting scope, and watched for about two hours. I sat in the warm car and crocheted. It was beautiful and peaceful.
In Yellowstone it is not uncommon that when someone pulls off to the side of the road... everybody stops. Everyone wants to know what you are looking at. Sometimes I find it a bit comical. As Mike watched in Hayden Valley, cars kept stopping and people would come over to ask him what he was looking at. I wish that I had taken pictures of all the people who stopped to talk to Mike. He was always friendly as he pointed out the elk that he was watching across the valley and on the mountain, even sharing his binoculars with strangers. Mike loves nature. Yellowstone is his favorite place to visit and I love going there with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You two are awesome! I'm optimistic (my) Mike and I will be like you two when we grow up.
Post a Comment