Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I Love Fall

Me with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law, and former co-workers from Leger's Deli enjoying the "Witchapalooza" dinner theater.

I love all the seasons of the year... but fall is my favorite. I love the change in the weather and the temperatures cooling down; this year in particular because it has been so hot for so long. The other day while buying my favorite oatmeal at McDonald's, the woman at the drive-thru looked at me and asked in shock, "where is your coat?" I'm not quite ready for a coat yet... it feels good to be cold. In fact, I haven't even turned the heat on in my house yet... not even once.

I always look forward to setting my clock back an hour. Not only do we get an extra hour of sleep for one night, but I love it when it gets dark early... at least for a few months.

I love watching holiday movies like Ichabod Crane, Charlie Brown and The Watcher In the Woods, I especially like it when the fire is going and I have some of my favorite fall treats. These cold, dark nights are perfect for hot cocoa.

I love the beautiful colors on the mountains. They match the colors of Halloween and Thanksgiving which I love, and I love my cute Halloween and Thanksgiving decorations.

I love it when it is overcast and then starts to rain... especially when I am at home where it is warm and cozy.

I love fall outings such as going on drives in the mountains with the Johnson's; or visiting a corn maze which I did for the first time this year with our YSA ward; and something else I did for the first time this year was go see the musical production "Witchapalooza" at Gardner Village. I loved it!!! Next year I'm going to be brave and dress up. Does anyone know where you can buy those cute black and purple striped tights?

I love to do fall cleaning in preparation for the holidays and settling in for the winter. My recently cleaned windows are still see-throughable even though it has rained.

I love fall/winter clothes more than spring/summer clothes. Does anyone else feel that way? I think most people probably like their spring/summer wardrobe more... probably because they can wear flip flops, and I don't ever wear flip flops.

I love fall scented candles. I just bought one today called autumn wreath... it smells like apples, and apple scented candles are my favorite.

Fall is the perfect time to make soup for dinner and I have several good recipes. Soup and hot rolls... so yummy! I really love everything about fall. How about you... what do you love?

3 comments:

Georgia said...

I agree 100% with your love of fall, Lesley! It has always been my favorite season too. Even when I was young, I loved going back to school and the the lower slant of the sun. I've always enjoyed the leaves changing into a myriad of colors and decorating the countryside in such glorious ways. Unfortunately, I do not like winter and autumn is the precursor to that despicable season of snow and ice. So while I'm enjoying hot chocolate and wearing my sweaters, I'm anxious about how I'm going to make it through another long, harsh winter season.

I think I could become a snow bird and fly away during the winter months because I love to live in Utah in the Spring, Summer, and Fall, just not that fourth season of the year.

Tiffany said...

I think you're the only other person I know that loves the clock turning back an hour. I LOVE the dark evenings. I love the cozy feel of "settling in" for the winter. I agree with you on nearly every point. Except the heater, we've turned the heater on at our house. Oh and the coat thing. I wore a coat yesterday. Helped that it was a new cute one I was anxious to wear.

Stecky said...

You make Fall sound fun! I enjoy many aspects of Fall also, but I am already looking forward to March! (Notice that I can comment today? Hurray)
Love you