Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Yabba, Dabba, Doo and a... Thank You!!


Tuesday night Mike and I went to Pack Meeting to see Adam receive his Arrow of Light award and Zach receive his Wolf. Boy, was it deja vu!! There was a "cheer" box full of cheers (hence this post title), cub scout skits and songs, pinning pins on moms, hugging moms and being embarrassed (one boy even grimaced when his mom kissed him), and lots of gold and silver arrow points. Andy did a fabulous job as Cub master and Zach led the flag ceremony; Mike was there dressed in his mountain man clothes helping with the presentation to Adam. It was awesome!! It brought back memories of having three sons in cub scouts and the many, many MANY Pack Meetings we attended. I loved seeing my two oldest grandsons decked out from the top of their heads to their toes in cub scout uniforms. I was reminded of a snowy day a few weeks ago when I picked up Adam and Zach from school. I told the boys that they needed to get ready for scouts as soon as they got home. Adam was very excited because his den was going to the local high school's science lab where they would be setting their hands on fire. WHAT!! But get this... he didn't want to wear his scout shirt because he didn't want his sleeves to catch fire and ruin his shirt. Better the hands than the sleeves; I guess... not! 








1 comment:

Stecky said...

What a great post. Andy looks so cute as the Cub Master. Wow! congrats on being an Arrow of Light Grandma.