I just discovered this post in my drafts. It was written several weeks ago. We are no longer in the ysa ward but everything else still applies.
As part of a young single adult (ysa) ward we attend ward prayer on Sunday evenings. This usually consists of a short message/activity and then we close the meeting with prayer. It's a really nice way to finish off our Sunday and a good way to start our week.
Several weeks ago our instructor taught on the subject of "all things denote there is a God", even things that we may not necessarily think of as religious or spiritual. To illustrate, she shared her feelings about some of the things that she loves... exercise, abstract art, history, and Disney. She then gave us the opportunity to share some of the things we love as well. Several people participated. Although I didn't share anything, there were a few people that mentioned things that made me want to shout, "Yes. Yes. I know exactly how you feel." So I will share a couple of those thoughts here.
1- The ocean. I.Love.T'ocean!! 'nuff said. No. Not 'nuff said. This person said that she grew up a few blocks from the ocean and could hear it every night (lucky). In response someone said that if you listened to the sounds of the freeway it could sound like the ocean. Everyone laughed. I immediately remembered an experience I had a few years ago as I lay in my bed one night. I could hear the sound of the wind through my open window. We had a row of poplar trees in our back yard that were quite tall and close together. As I lay there in the quiet darkness, I became aware of the sound of the leaves as the wind rushed through them. In an instant I was at the beach and could hear the sound of the waves as they crashed on the shore and then were drawn back into the ocean. I will never forget hearing the sounds of the ocean in my trees.
2- Disneyland. I LOVE Disneyland. It makes me happy. On more than one occasion tears have filled my eyes while visiting the "happiest place on earth". I'm not a Disneyland "pro" but I love it equally as much.
3- Springtime. I smiled when this was brought up. Every year when the snow has melted away and the temperature starts to warm, I am amazed as I see the bits of green peeking out just above the dirt and the buds appearing on the trees. It may seem to most that It is just simply... spring, but to me it is a very real reminder of the resurrection.
When I returned from ward prayer I picked up my scriptures to do my daily reading. I opened my Book of Mormon to Alma chapter 30 where I had left my bookmark and this is what I read in the chapter headings... all things denote there is a God...
Yes. They do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love t'ocean too. And I love Disneyland too. I cry there too. I cry when I have to leave both of those places.
dioruir2I share your feelings. I particularly love Springtime..... I am also reminded of the promise of the resurrection. I greet my little green buds by saying "you survived the winter" Yes ALL things denote there is a God. I am grateful for the knowledge.
Post a Comment