I have been a terrible blogger. Here are my excuses.
1- my computer is AWFUL!!! I could fill this line with exclamation points and still not get my point across. I spent over three hours last Saturday trying to do something that normally would have taken a few minutes.
2- my printer is just as awful as my computer. I struggle with loading the pictures. I like to post pictures.
3- it's hard to find the time. I still haven't finished posting my trip to Britain.
4- the time excuse would probably not apply (well, still some) if I didn't have to spend so much of it in frustration at the computer.
Okay. I've vented. I shouldn't.
We have experienced a lot of changes in our family in the last last couple of weeks. Caitlin left on her mission (this would be a good time to mention that I'm not on the computer... I'm typing this on the iPad I acquired when Caitlin left), I was released from my stake calling, Mike was released as Bishop, and I received a new calling in my ward. I am the Primary chorister and yesterday was my first day... which leads to the cutest story ever.
After church I changed into my sunday-afternoon-at-home-attire. This is what I refer to as my "cozy clothes". Usually a complete mis-match consisting of a t -shirt, flannel pants, and socks. My hair is in a ponytail and my bangs pulled to the side. About an hour into my cozy clothes phase the doorbell rang. I opened the door and a young boy was standing there. For a moment (however briefly) he stared at me, then he asked "is this the music teachers house?" I realized that in my sunday-afternoon-at-home-attire with my hair all askew, I didn't look like the primary chorister he had seen for the first time just two hours earlier. As quickly as he said "music teacher" he corrected himself and said, "primary music teacher." I smiled and told him that was me. Once he had established that he was at the right house he left the porch only to return a few seconds later with a beautiful purple flower in his hand. It was made of paper, cut into the shape of a tulip and formed into a circle and taped together with a green paper stem taped to the bottom of it. He held the paper flower out to me and said so sweetly, "I'm David." I don't know when I've been given a more beautiful flower. I thanked him and he left. I couldn't help but peek out of the window to see where he went and what helper (parent) might be hiding in the background. But David stopped at the end of my sidewalk, picked up his scooter from the ground, and scooted away.
I think I already love my new church calling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That is an awesome story.
That definitely has to be one of the CUTEST stories EVER. So happy to read something from you.
xx
How did Michael respond to you getting flowers from another "man"
You WILL love your new calling, I promise! :)
By the way, my kids came home singing in another language, even Libby, so you had at least 3 kids listening.
That truly is the cutest story ever!
How fun it was to see you and Mike at Megan's wedding, luncheon, and reception. You Marsdens know how to have a fun time!
Changes are hard, but you've confidently strode into the next phase of life. I'm so grateful to know you and so happy to learn from you. Thanks for sharing your great experiences!
Good luck with those computer/printer problems...maybe Santa brought you new ones?...
Okay, no more excuses. Come do a post on my computer...or the Ipad. I want more Leger fun!
Post a Comment