Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Silver Bullet Too


 
Those nearest and dearest to me know how much I loved my car... Silver Bullet. Unfortunately we had to sell a car due to the fact that Caitlin's mission required her to bring a bike, not a car. We attempted to sell her car Walt, but let's face it... few people want a PT Cruiser. We had an interested buyer who preferred the Bullet over Walt... I mean who wouldn't? When Michael told me the interested party wanted to buy my car I burst into tears. Michael gave me his are-you-seriously-crying-over-a-car face. I was so ashamed, I mean it really was a blessing to be rid of one unnecessary car. So in December I bravely said goodbye to Silver Bullet forever and became the proud owner of Walt. Now I will mention here that Walt is the namesake of the creator of the happiest place on earth, but there was little about Walt to be happy about, I didn't even feel confident that I could drive Walt to the happiest place on earth. In Walt's early days with us he caused a few problems, but we thought he had overcome those. Not long after I claimed Walt as my own he was up to his old antics. It was annoying. I didn't want to murmur or complain, at least I had a car, but eventually I said to Michael "Walt has got to go". So we went to look for a new car. In Walt's defense it really wasn't his fault that he was a lemon within 24 hours of his purchase (that's a whole other story) in August 2012. In good conscience I felt Walt could only return from whence he came, so last month we took him back to the dealership where we got him and we returned home with... Silver Bullet Too. There is a possibility that a few more tears were shed.... but not for Walt. I'm really grateful to have a reliable car that can take me beyond the office. I'm going to give SBT the chance to prove his worth by taking him on a road trip in a few weeks, and we will be going to my happiest place on earth.

1 comment:

Stecky said...

I am excited for you to go on your road trip. I hope it's a good one, although for some strange reason, I can picture you on the ride home 'circling' your hands.