Friday, May 21, 2010

What Do You Think Of These!?!


What do you think of these metal canisters!?! I have seen them sold seperately at two different stores in recent weeks and admired them. Then yesterday I went into Real Deals for the first time and there they were, sold as a set at an amazing price. With the help of a Mother's Day gift certificate they are now mine!! So... what do you think? Lids on or lids off? I'm thinking of adding some greenery to the large one, and I may not keep them in this spot, I don't know... I just know that I like them.

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love them! I'd say lids off, but then again, I thought the blanket was boy. (Which was why I didn't comment, but I see Becky broke the trend...)

Bea said...

I'm sure you will decide for yourself in your own inimitable way!!! trying all ways and then some..... BUT I love the color and they will be startling in your room. Way to go Lesley!!!!!!

Stecky said...

they are gorgeous and I don't think you could do the wrong thing if you tried! Thanks Tiffany for siding with me hehehe

Lilian said...

Greenery in large one with lid off (obviously) and lids on the other two. Or one of those lids off, but leaning against the cansiter.

Marivic said...

I thought the blanket was boy too Tiffany, and that's why I didn't comment as well :-)

Well, this time I'll be brave against the tide if there's gonna be a tide :-)...Lid off, Les. The lid make the canisters East Asian. Nothing wrong with that, I love colorful things with a touch of Asia. Obviously :-) But you might want to add one more item to your room that would reconcile with it, if that'w where you want to head towards.
And this decoration tip brought to you by Marivic of HGTV Rocklin :-) Haha!

Lesley said...

Marivic and Tiffany- I wish you'd shared your blanket comments in the previous post :-)

Marivic- When I first brought the canisters home I loved them but something was wrong... it was the lids, and nothing wrong with East Asian but... that is not the style of my home. I'm glad that you mentione HGTV b/c I love watching that channel. Two things I've learned since becoming an avid HGTV fan just three months ago... (1) you can change things up. Just b/c there are lids on the pots doesn't mean you have to use them that way, and (2) you can do a lot of cool stuff in decorating that doesn't cost a ton of money but make it look like you did.

Marivic said...

I'm glad to know you like HGTV too Les! I love this channel for the reasons you mentioned. I've been a watcher for awhile. No special favorite show, just whatever is on when I tune in. Have you checked out their website? I like browsing there too.

Lesley said...

I have been to the website a couple of times, just briefly. I love all of the shows.

Stecky said...

Hey, Lesley. I told Caitlin that I would be happy to help her with tribal wear. Just have her get some fabric (twice her length) or an old sheet. I will help her with the rest. I may even have some good trim.