Monday, August 23, 2010

Last 'First Day Of School'

Today was Caitlin's last 'first day of school' in the public school system.

Caitlin's first day of kindergarten in 1998

Caitlin's first day as a Senior in high school in 2010

This is my 27th consecutive 'first day of school' as a Mom. Shouldn't somebody send me flowers or bring me chocolates or something? After all... it's my last 'first day of school'
.

6 comments:

Karalee said...

Oh! She is beautiful.
And you should totally have gotten flowers or chocolate this morning!
Yay for the first day of school :)

Tiffany said...

Oh Lesley-if I'd have read this yesterday I would have most certainly brought you flowers or chocolate! Did you cry?
I bawled, and I still have two at home!!

Stecky said...

As I was looking at Caitlin, I felt a few tears. She is such a beautiful 'more than a princess' type of girl. She makes me very happy. I hope you are patting yourself on the back for a job well done. Steve said he saw you when we were biking....I was 'in the zone'. It made me sad that I missed you. Love you too.

Kathy said...

Wow! She is beautiful! And yes, 27 consecutive first days of school is definitely flowers and chocolate worthy!

Bea said...

I only just read this (a week late) and thought I should have been a better Mom, THEN I remembered. I did bring you chocolate on Monday night..... a bar of Mrs Cavanaugh's Mindy Mint.
Whew!! glad that got me off the hook :o)

Bonnie and Jim said...

Caitlin is sure beautiful. Big senior on campus. Hope her first week was great!!
Don't you just hate those last of... things with your children. When Keith graduated I told myself it's not over I'm still in emementary school. So I keep living the first day back at school every year. One of these years I need to retire.