Friday, September 17, 2010

Ashleigh's Day

Today is Ashleigh's day.
To me it is a special day...
maybe even sacred.
It has been nineteen years.
That seems unbelievable.
I think of her every day.
But on this day I reflect.
I feel gratitude.
I'm glad she is mine... forever.

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

I remembered when I got home last night that today was a special day for you and I felt bad I forgot to say anything. You're a great woman Lesley!

Margie said...

What a valiant example you have always been. I always remember this day too.

What a blessing to have Ashley forever!!

Melissa said...

Having a daughter (or even a child) of my own now I cannot comprehend the loss and pain that you've borne in the last 19 years but I'm so grateful for the testimony you shared in just a few simple words. I'm glad that family is forever and that you are a part of mine.

Jodanna said...

Leslie, that picture is amazing; it brought tears to my eyes. She was so little but she changed my life, I find myself thinking of her often. She had so much courage. I know just a little of your heartache, as it will be 5 years without my precious baby girl next week. I almost can't imagine 19 years.
I am glad you can reflect on her life and celebrate that she is a part of your eternal family. You, Ashleigh and your family have been an example of faith, kindness, hope and courage, to me. Thank you.
And thank you for sharing that beautiful picture & your thoughts.
Love, Jodanna

Stecky said...

I am glad to have days to remember the angels that have been in my life. I know she is a 'heavenly' angel now. I miss her. She did a lot for my self esteem. The same way her mother does. I really look for the day when all the pain and fear of this life is past. When we can sit with our girls and laugh and love. Thanks for the beautiful post and picture. You are so in my heart today.

Bea said...

Love you.

Lilian said...

Great post Les. I remember when you two went to get your picture taken. At that time I thought it was such a sweet sentiment. I can't believe it's been 19 yrs. Now that picture is a treasure. Love you.

adrienne said...

You are such a great example of faith to me. I'll be thinking about you and your Ashleigh today.

Bea said...

From Dad: 3 Nephi 17:11-25

God bless you my beloved Lesley Ann
and Michael Paul.

Archie said...

All Love Together...

Bonnie and Jim said...

What a beautiful picture. You are such a faithful lady. I'm grateful for our Father's plan and know she is yours for the eternities.