Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Monkey See; Monkey Do

Miss Avery with Daddy, Mommy, and Grandpa Bear ("sister" is in the stroller) at Swiss Days last weekend

I am a monkey. Not literally of course, but that is the name that Miss Avery calls both of her Grandmas; Monkey.

Here are a few of the cute things that Miss Avery says:

"Hello Monkey!"

"Bye, bye Monkey!"

"Where Monkey go?" (when I left the room).

"Uh-oh Monkey!" (when she heard the phone ring at the deli yesterday).

And of course there is just plain, old "Monkey!!" when she is trying to get my attention.

I hope that I can be a "Monkey" for as long as possible. I don't know how it originated... but I love it! And I love Miss Avery!!

5 comments:

Karalee said...

That is just about the cutest thing I've ever heard. Seriously.

Lilian said...

Jacob LOVES monkeys!!

I wanna hear Avery call you that!!

Stecky said...

You're my favorite monkey! that is pretty precious. so is that darling girl.

Bea said...

I remember when Jeremy was that age he called me and his other Grandma "LaLO" and when the day came that he called me Granma I said "NO! I'm Lalo" he looked at me like....."what are you talking about?" and so Granma I have been ever since. :o)
And that is fine by me :o)

Melissa said...

It is so cute and funny! She can say grandma but you are Monkey... I don't know:)