Tuesday, December 14, 2010

These Shoes Were Made For Walkin'

I have an assortment of shoes that belong to me. My non-every day shoes (church, dress-up, appointments...) are in my closet. My every day shoes (work, walking, grocery store...) are in Mike's music room (garage) where I slip them off and on as I come and go.

Because I slip my shoes off when I return home, I don't un-tie them, which means... when I leave again they have to be untied before I can put them on. So every morning when I leave for work, I slip my feet into my work shoes leaving my heels hanging out of the back, until I get to work where I sit down and then untie my shoes and put them on properly... why don't I just do that at home you wonder? Good question. I don't know.

So... tonight, as Mike and I were leaving to go to Caitlin's choir concert, I decided to wear my walking shoes that were right there by the music room door. I slipped them on as usual, and once I was in the car and Mike was driving away, I put my feet in properly and tied the shoes.

When we arrived at the school and got out of the car and started walking, I noticed that my shoes felt rather loose. I must not have tied them tight enough I thought. As I looked down to see if my laces were loose I made a startling discovery... I-was-wearing-Mike's-shoes. Yes. I wore my husbands shoes, in public, to my teen-age daughter's concert. How's that for embarrassing your child?

I'm not old enough for a "senior moment". Am I?

Please tell me that some of you have done goofy stuff like that. Please!!

6 comments:

Lilian said...

It's not a senior moment.
It's a Lesley moment!
Thanks for the laugh before I head to bed!

Alan said...

I know I've certainly had similar experiences but the best story I have involved someone else wearing my navy blue blazer... ON TV. In Salinas our weather man was being paged to the studio but had to finish tweaking a weather map so he grabbed what he thought was his blue blazer off the coat rack and raced into the studio. I wasn't part of this newscast. We both happened to wear blue blazers that day but he is much, much smaller than me. In the middle of his weather report he finally had to acknowledge on-air he was swimming in this blazer and had know idea who it belonged to. I guess you had to be there :)

AnJ. said...

I've never done something that silly. NOT. Thanks for the chuckle this morning.:)

Tiffany said...

You know how I feel about shoes, so therefore, my shoes are usually carefully picked out... However, I did show up on a date once with my dad's dress sock static clung to my jacket.

Bea said...

I went to work in a pair of shoes that later in the day at a vendor's presentation I noticed one was "clipping" while the other was "clopping". It is now one o'clock in the afternoon. I looked at my shoes, I was wearing odd shoes. They were the same color and both had little heels but definately different shoes. What did I do? Hide in embarrassment? go home in shame? NO!!!! I announced to all my associates what I had done and then we all enjoyed the joke!!!!!

Stecky said...

Love all the stories. Yours and your commentators. (Hey one of them really is a commentator!) I have done so many crazy things that I can't even remember one right now. Thanks for a bright moment.