Monday, August 22, 2011

Caitlin Goes To College

Today was the day we took our baby girl to college. Un.be.lievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where have the years gone!?! Does anybody know?

Caitlin insisted on checking into her apartment complex by herself... but I snuck in a picture.

We look happy. Don't we? If so, we fooled everyone. I suppose we are now officially "empty nester's"... in a "non-bird" way of course.

Moving into her room at her apartment (actually, most everything in the picture belongs to her roomate). I think she's going to be just fine... hopefully her mom and dad will be.

7 comments:

Alan said...

Good luck Caitlin! Congrats Les and Mike. You're young empty-nesters, even if you are grandparents.

Tiffany said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! What really is there to say? I can't decide whether to be sad for you or slightly jealous! Most certainly a very bittersweet day, I'm sure.

AnJ. said...

I swear we were just talking by the mailbox about her all-night graduation party! She will love it up there.

If you ever feel like your nest is empty, call me and I'll send my rugrats your way. ;)

Stecky said...

She looks happy. I know what YOU are feeling. My hint...find a good crying song, put it on your computer and let some tears flow to clean out your heart. Then think of all the fun things you can send to her. I like to send holiday decorations from Dollar Tree etc. Then make sure you spend good times with your friends.

Lesley said...

I really like the good times with friends idea. How would next Wednesday night the 31st work for our coupon/dinner night?

Bea said...

I miss her and I'm not even there, :o(
in WB I mean.

Terri said...

What a wonderfully emotional day! You done good!!! Now how do I get to that empty nest thing?