skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A Bit of Heaven On Earth
I think pretty much anyone who knows me really well, or reads my blog... knows that I love the ocean (t'ocean). But does anyone know how much Mike equally loves Yellowstone? And that Mike loves to take me to the ocean, and that I love to take him to Yellowstone?... which is what we did this weekend. It was especially fun this time to join our kids Jeremy and Emily, and our handsome grandsons Mason and Tanner. We also took a side-trip to Yellowstone Bear World in Rexburg (one of those places you drive by on every trip and say, "one of these days we'll stop there", well... "one of these days" finally arrived).
Mike at his favorite place in the park... Hayden Valley. He, Jeremy and Mason spent a couple of hours sitting patiently waiting for a grizzly bear and a pack of wolves. The bear was a no-show, but seven wolves appeared and joined an eighth and the guys watched them make their way across the valley.
This was one of very few elk we saw on this trip, which was very unusual, we usually see so many.
We spent one night at the lake hotel. This is a great spot to sit and capture the beauty of the lake... although I just wanted to capture a picture of the family (just ask the guy that took the picture for me).
Last look at Hayden Valley on our way out.
We sat and watched this grizzly playing in the water for several minutes at Bear World.
A "tour truck" at Bear World, filled with people feeding the bears. It reminds me of what Yellowstone was like years, and years ago.
2 comments:
That looks like so much fun. That is one of the places Kenny and I plan to go when our boys area little bit older. I love your picture of the bear playing in the water. I'm glad you had a good time.
Looks like it was fun. I love Y'stone also :o)
I love that Mikee always spots the animals.
Post a Comment