Friday, October 28, 2011

6th Semi-Annual Favorites Party

I have been a little party animal lately. Last week I had two YSA gatherings at my house, and this week I hosted a bridal shower for my nephew's fiance as well as me and my friend Tiffany's semi-annual favorites party the very next night. Since I have never posted about the favorites party before, I decided that I need to share what it's all about.

Here is how it works: you invite some of your favorite people to come to the party and ask them to bring a favorite treat to share (the food is very important). Each person thinks of something that is a favorite of theirs that they could purchase for about $5.00. Each of the guests bring three duplicates of that item to the party. The guests then write their names on three slips of paper and put them in a bowl. Each person takes a turn to get up and tell why the items they brought are a favorite. They then pick 3 three names out of the bowl, and those three people get the items. Each person brings three things, and goes home with three new things. IT.IS.FUN!!! We missed some of our regulars last night due to scheduling conflicts... but we enjoyed some "new favorites" that came for the first time.

The hostesses with the mostesses.

These are the items I brought. Why did I choose them? I love Bath and Body Works, I love fall, and I love sales. I got a great deal on these little cuties!!

Tiffany explaining her favorites to us... she had us in stitches with her "special" instructions.

Handing out favorites.

Always anticipation to see if your name is picked.

Cute Lori was so excited about the party... she woke at at 4:30 am that morning and couldn't go back to sleep just thinking about it!!

There is a lot of laughter at the party.

Ramona is telling us about the awesome deal that she got on these bags... so awesome that she added a couple of goodies inside. I really wanted her to pick my name, and she did!!!

Cute Kimmy also picked my name out of the bowl, she brought ingredients for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Yum!!

The kitchen is a great gathering place.

These are the things that I brought home; oh wait... I was at home. My cute bag (and goodies) from Ramona, a fun key fob from Alacia, and my cookie ingredients from Kimmy.

The favorites party is so much fun!!! You should have one with your friends (please invite me). We missed those that couldn't come, we were excited to welcome the newcomers, and next time we're inviting more newcomers. I'm looking forward the the spring when the party is at Tiffany's... I'm already thinking about what favorites I will be bringing.

And FYI my partying days aren't quite over... next Thursday, November 3, I am hosting a Paparazzi Jewelry party. It is an open house from 6:30-8:00. You're invited!!!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

WE.ARE.SO.FUN!!!! What a fun night it was. I almost think it was my most favorite Favorites Party thus far. What a great tradition! Love ya tons!! (PS-It was Alacia that had the key things--Anne had the Olay lotion and other 'coupon' stuff)

Lesley said...

Oops... sorry to Alacia, I will fix that :)

Amber said...

I have done one of these parties and it was so much fun!!! I think I NEED to do another one, cause yours sounded so much fun...and really, if I invite you...will you come? :) Syracuse isn't THAT far. :)

Bea said...

I WANTED TO COME BUT MY PREVIOUS COMMITMENT WAS FUN ALSO, SOOOOOOO....... HERE'S HOPING I CAN BE THERE NEXT TIME :O)