Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's Autumn Time


It's Fall. My favorite season of the year. There are so many things to love about fall... the cooler temperatures, the crisp air, the smells, the changing colors, keeping the windows open, wanting my blankets over me when I go to bed, Hershey kisses in autumn colors, Halloween, Thanksgiving, decorating the house, hot chocolate, season premieres of my favorite TV shows, the primary program, general conference, putting away the summer clothes, the favorites party, bread bowls at Leger's Deli, drives in the mountains, turning the fire on, the family coming over after the priesthood session for pizza and a movie, watching Summer Magic and Watcher in the Woods, Charlie Brown and Ichabod Crane, buying my hubby a carmel apple from Cavenaugh's, rain (with a little thunder and lightening), apple scented candles, door busters at Rod Works, seasonal soap fragrances from Bath & Body Works, my grandchildren coming over to trick-or-treat, fall cleaning (seriously... love it!!), musical at BHS, the DHS marching band, going on my walk, slightly overcast days, will my list ever end? No... 'cause I LOVE fall. What do you love about fall?

9 comments:

Lilian said...

I love a LOT of that too! I like that you mentioned the DHS marching band!!! I also love that there are THREE birthdays in OCT just in my little family alone. PLUS - MY birthday, THANKSGIVING, LOVE the smell of the furnace coming on, soups, stew, shorter day light hours, high school football games, scary movies while covered in a blanket, well ANY movie while covered in a blanket, the fall colors and especially getting to take pictures of them! It's my favorite time of year!

Lilian said...

ps - I haven't seen Watcher in the Woods since high school!!! Me thinks there needs to be a movie night!!! Actually, we need a few movie nights!

Lesley said...

I have a brand new watcher in woods dvd still in the pkg. Let's watch it soon.... on your tv with popcorn and peanut m&m's mixed in!!!!!!!!!

Tiffany said...

Just READING your post made me feel all cozy and warm about how much I love the fall. If I didn't have two little boys home, I'd be coming into Leger's today for some soup in a bread bowl--a definite favorite about fall!!

Stecky said...

I love Fall second only to Spring. I love Halloween decorations, that burning dust smell of the furnace is always exciting,sunflowers and mums,harvesting and feeling ready for the winter storms,more classical music for me,soups for dinner,baking, the colors of the world and in behalf of Steve...apple juice time with the Applekin Festival.
PS> Lesley, you need to tell people way you were in your stockings on my blog...it's your story.

Bea said...

I like all the things you like, or at least most of them. But worrying about water in the basement takes the edge of my pleasure in the rain. :o(

Melwel said...

YOur list is making me want to like fall too....but the snow today put an end to my liking. THere is no snow in summer!

Margie said...

LOVE THIS POST!! I wore a sweater yesterday and today and I was so happy to put something different on then summer clothes. I have had soup a couple of times this week and have loved that too. Thanks for sharing!

Margie said...

I wish I could have voted on the play in London! My vote would have been Les Mis...HANDS DOWN and I could have broken the tie :) I have seen it THREE times believe it or not in London and I consider all three times as three of the highlights of my life (speaking theater experience that is). I have been to the theater in NY, LA and San Fran and good old SLC, but NOTHING compares to Les Mis in London...NOT EVEN CLOSE :)! Can you tell I am passionate about it?