Friday, November 11, 2011

Classics and Favorites: The Marsden Grandchildren

While working on a post for my other blog (posting soon) I had an idea for this blog that I thought would be fun... I think the family might enjoy it too.

I have a ga-zillion pictures in boxes, in scrapbooks, on file, etc. There are some that I classify as "classics" which means they are particular favorites of mine, but... I have some "favorite" pictures that I haven't as yet classified as a "classic" because, I guess to be a "classic" it has to age just a little.

So, I thought for a little while I'd post a picture a week of a "classic" or a "favorite" and share the stories of why I love them.

This first picture is definitely a classic. It is actually one of the pictures that you will see on the next post on my Ashleigh blog.

This picture was taken during the summer of 1989 at a family BBQ hosted by my brother Archie and sister (in-law) Julee. At the time my parents had nine grandchildren with one on the way (my ninth grandchild was born just one week ago), they now have twenty-three.

Two of these children are teachers (one is currently a stay-at-home mom), two of them own businesses, one is a partner in a law firm, one is a published author, two of them are our families angels, and the baby boy in this photo is getting married today... 11-11-11.

5 comments:

Stecky said...

Wow! Love the picture. I remember all these beautiful children. I think they all 'turned out' perfectly. Who knew that they would be such neat adults also. Love the post!
Love you too.

Bea said...

You are "classic" you know how to WOW!!!!!! your family. Thank You

Melissa said...

Love it! I look like Hannah does in this picture! Or I guess she looks like me ;)

Lilian said...

Yes, it is a 'classic' and it's interesting that the two angels are standing together.

I must say that they have turned into a great group of adults!

Margie said...

So cute Les! Where did the time go?