Monday, November 21, 2011

Oh Hail!!!

This morning, as I was getting ready for work in my bathroom (which is at the back of the house) I suddenly heard what sounded like baseball sized hail hitting my roof. I hurried to my bedroom window (which is at the front of the house) where I was quite surprised to see nothing but the rain. I went to my closet to look out of the window (yes, I have a window in my closet... weird huh?). Certainly it can't be raining at the front of the house and hailing at the back... of course, stranger things have happened. Well there was no hail at the back of my house either... it was BIRDS!!!!!!!! Dozens and dozens, no, hundreds and hundreds of black birds. Not blackbirds, just, black birds. They were hitting the house and flying all over the yard in clusters. I looked up at the eaves and could see their little black tails waving at me. How dare they? Not one other house behind mine had a bird in their yard... or on their houses. I certainly thought that all of the birds knew me by now, why would they come here? When I left for work, I cautiously opened the garage door not a second sooner than I had too, just in case they were still there. There wasn't as bird in sight. Whew!!! I just want to remind you, that I was once the only person in town that had a birdhouse in the yard with a NO VACANCY sign on it. Just sayin'. Oh, btw... did I tell you that I really DON'T LIKE BIRDS!!!!

3 comments:

Georgia said...

Another bird phobia person! How amazing. My daughter, Dani, hates-no-despises birds! We believe it originated with an experience she had when we lived in Bountiful (home of bizarre bird behavior?) When she was about 9 years old, a Cockateal that had escaped from its abusive owners, flew at her and pecked her on the head on face. It was absolutely crazed and has forever since altered her. When we were in NYC and the pigeons would land, she would FREAK out. Seagulls that swoop too close nearly throw her into a apoplectic fit. If she had been at your house this morning, she would have hid in a closet (one without a window) and would probably still be there.

I'm proud of you for daring to venture out after such a morning!

Bea said...

Are you using the word "Hail" loosely :o)
I would have :o)

Stecky said...

Gee, that would have made for a scary movie....you could call it "The Birds". Oh wait someone already did that. Sorry that happened to you. I like birds and that would have freaked me a little