Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Grandma (and Grandpa) Day At The Zoo


As I mentioned in a previous post we decided that next Grandma day we would go to the zoo. Grandpa thought that sounded fun too so he asked if we could go on a Wednesday (his day off). We thought a Wednesday in the middle of March the zoo would be empty. Wrong!!! As we approached the parking lot we quickly realized that it was full to over flowing with cars; and Mothers, Fathers, children, babies, strollers, coolers and every other supply needed by a family spending the day at the zoo was descending upon the front gate. That is where we saw the sign "welcome home school families", 2500 people were there to share our day with us. Regardless of the crowds it was a fun day. I was impressed with Adam's knowledge of the animals and surprised by Zach's apprehension as we got close to the cages (notice the look on his face in the Giraffe picture). We enjoyed a picnic lunch and various snacks we confiscated from Grandma's pantry before we left home. At the end of the day when we arrived home imagine our surprise when we discovered that an Ape and a Gorilla had managed to hitch a ride home. I love Grandma day!!

2 comments:

Lilian said...

The picture of the boys in their masks seriously reminds me of a picture of their dad and uncle Jeff in a picture when they were that age... minus the masks!

What a fun grandma and grandpa they have!!

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

Hi!
I didn't know you guys have a blog, so fun!
We sure miss all of you!
I'll be checking in so I can keep up with the fun Leger family. :)