Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Caitlin Rose!!


Caitlin arrived on March 17, 1993 at 11:05 pm. I had mentioned to my Doctor early in my pregnancy that I would like the baby to be born on St. Patrick's Day. Amazingly it worked out (but we cut it very close). Caitlin Rose was the perfect name for a little (part) Irish girl. She was a precious gift to our family and we all loved her from the very start. Life was different with 3 big boys and a baby girl, but the brothers all loved her (they still do) and it showed. Whenever the teenage brothers came home late at night the first place they would go was to her room to check on her while she slept. They are still checking in on her (who are her friends? What boys does she like? Who came to her party? etc.) When Caitlin was little she loved to collect heart rocks. She loved her dolls and treated them like people. Night after night as I went to tuck her in I would find all sorts of dolls and stuffed animals that had been tenderly tucked in at the foot of her bed or little dolls asleep in her hats with tissues for blankets. She has been blessed with many talents. She has been dancing (ballet) since she was 3, and in recent years has become involved with musical theatre. She is currently rehearsing her school musical (Beauty and the Beast) in which she plays Babette (the feather duster). She is a great girl and one of my best friends. Happy Birthday Rosie!!

2 comments:

Lilian said...

Let me be the first to comment on one of my most favorite nieces!!! Caitlin is certainly a blessing to our family and I remember being right outside the door when she was born and heard her first cries!!! Now she is such a beautiful 15 year old young lady with a lot of heart and personality!! Your FAVORITE aunt loves you Rosie!!! Happy Birthday!

em said...

That's so fun that Caitlin was born on St. Patrick's day, and you're Irish...what LUCK you have for her to be born that day! :)
We had fun bowling...wish I could have stayed longer, but Mason was fussy and needed to get down for the night.