It has been a wonderful two days for me as we've spent Christmas with our family. Christmas Eve was spent with our children and grandchildren (although we missed Jeremy, Emily, and Mason). We enjoyed a dinner together and then
Christmas crackers (they are not for eating) which is an English tradition. The little boys and Caitlin all had new jammies to open and they put them on immediately. We played a game; and throughout the evening Adam and Zach with the help of Grandpa Bear kept checking the Santa tracker to see how Santas busy night was progressing. After everyone went home the three of us that live here on the homefront took a drive up to Temple View Drive. All of the homes on that street which surrounds the Bountiful Temple, displayed lighted murals of the events leading up to the birth of the Saviour. We then drove over to the cemetery so that we could spend a moment with Ashleigh. This is the first Christmas morning that our boys and their families didn't come over first thing. But we looked forward to having a nice afternoon with them. Our extended family gathered at G'pa and G'mas where we enjoyed one of G'mas wonderful Christmas breakfasts. Tim and Margie's family drove in from a snowstorm in the north, while Archie and JuLee's family came late due to a snowstorm in the south end of the valley. G'pa shared some tender thoughts with us before we opened gifts. I am so grateful for my siblings and their families, I love each and everyone of them and am so glad our family is eternal. We enjoyed a late afternoon with our children and grandchildren. Jeff, Melissa, and Avery were still here when the storm finally reached our neck of the woods. They had to be back here first thing in the morning, so they decided to spend the night at our house. I'm glad we had room in our inn.
I didn't take one picture all of Christmas day, but this morning I took this picture of little Miss Avery while I enjoyed my first time babysitting her while Mommy, Daddy, and Aunt Caitlin fulfilled a commitment at Leger's Deli. Isn't she beautiful!!
4 comments:
She is absolutely beautiful! I didn't realize the temple view drive had murals up...we will have to go check them out!
I am glad you had a "Happy Christmas". Sounds like
"fun" was the order of the day on the 24th. and what a "tender" moment to share with Ashleigh. We did have a great Christmas morning and what a lovely way to finish your day with taking "in" your three visitors. :o) I love your family. :o)
Avery is so cute. I'm glad you had a good Christmas Les! I'm glad you are my sister... Love ya, mean it! I really do!
She is so BEAUTIFUL!
Post a Comment