I made this wall hanging about ten years ago. Amongst all of the random pieces of fabric are significant ones that represent my husband and I and each of our five children. Joseph's robe is a remnant of the lining of my first Christmas costume while singing with the Echoes of the Heart; the Baby Jesus' swaddling clothes are the bottoms of Andy's white pants that he took into the mission field ( you know the ones you buy that aren't hemmed and you cut them to the right length and hem them?); the halo above the baby's head is a gold ring that my mother-in-law gave to Ashleigh on her first Christmas in 1987; the shepherds robe is from my favorite pair of Baby Gap overalls that Caitlin wore as a toddler; the shepherds scarf is a piece from Jeffrey's tie; and the ears and faces of the sheep and a couple of the hearts are lining from Michael's and Jeremy's ties.
I bought this Precious Moment nativity in 1991; our first Christmas without Ashleigh. I displayed it on her bedroom dresser and then I closed the door and walked away.
Everyone needs a magnetic nativity on their fridge. FYI: my fridge is not blue.
This nativity is made from miniature clay pots. One of these years I'm going to make these for the Family Christmas Party.

One of my children gave me this kit as a gift and I crossed stitched it one holiday season. The cute little wood nativity was a boutique find that I couldn't pass up.

I bought these pillows at a boutique a few years ago and I loved them so much that I searched high and low for the pattern. When I finally found it I made a couple of sets and several individual pillows of the Holy Family as gifts. I recently discovered that I have a few of these unfinished in my craft supply, so you never know when I might show up at someones home with a gift (but please don't hold your breath this year).
This nativity was knitted by a mother and daughter who lived in my parents mission in England.
My Willow Tree nativity that was completed with the purchase of the creche last year (with my spare change).
7 comments:
I'm just looking for a place to hang the Nativity you made for us! You have quite the collection!
Thanx for sharing. I didn't know the story of the fabrics in your hanging that is awesome, I love stories like that. :o)
As for the story of Ashleigh's precious moments we won't go there. :o)
I am glad that each one has some significance, that makes them all the more special.
Thanx for sharing this part of your Christmas.
What an awesome collection, Les! All of them quite pretty. The background stuff on the wall hanging was very interesting to read. I love the Precious Moments set of course. But the Pots were cute! The Willow Tree set was neat of course and popular now a days. Great post!
How awesome! What a neat collection. I LOVE the wall hanging. That will always be a keeper. And you're always welcome to show up at my home with a gift! Ha Ha. Merry Christmas! Love ya!
Wow, those are very nice. I love the one with all the little pieces that came from all your kids.
*snif* I loved that blue fridge.
LOVE LOVe Nativities at our house! Caitlin was perfect, thanks for letting us borrow her :) She is such a sweetheart.
That is so neat! I love that! I bought a nativity in Russia, its a beatiful hand carved/painted wooden set. I love it so much but I don't have any place to put it
:( I'm going to start collecting the nativity from Willow Tree because I just love that one...I wish I had spare change like you! That Creche is 90 bucks! I can't wait to see you in two weeks and I've been dreaming of the party for two years!
Post a Comment