When my siblings and I were children, whenever one of us sulked because we were "last" it never failed that my Mother would say, "last is the best of all the game." I'm not sure if I ever figured out what that meant, but I'm sure it's something good because it always made us feel better. This week I'm featuring the "last" of my beautiful nieces; Aubree. Aubree is the youngest of my brother Archie's three daughters. The sisters were born within three and a half years of each other and are very close, I would say that they are probably best friends. They all three have the exact same initials AAM, they each have double letters in their name, and when they were young they always dressed alike. As you can see they are beautiful girls.
Aubree with her sisters Ammanda and Alyssa in DisneylandWhen Aubree was just a little girl in elementary school she had a writing assignment and she chose to write about the family Christmas party.
Aubree's mom Julee made a copy of Aubree's paper and the picture that went along with it and mailed them to me. I was so excited when I received it. Aubree did a wonderful job writing about the games, the food, Santa Claus, singing, and the family. Aubree's paper is a treasure to me and I keep it in a special book. If you click on the picture it will enlarge and you can read Aubree's paper; it's really cute.A few years ago it was brought to the attention of the family that Andy could incorporate the song "Jingle Bells" into any song (Linus style), we've heard him do it on more than one occasion. About a year after that we were at the family Christmas party and it was Aubree's turn to perform. She went to the piano where she performed a beautiful musical number, just as she was concluding the song we heard the familiar tune of "Jingle Bells" being played one note at a time. There was an amazing uproar of laughter and applause, the whole family was delighted. Way to go Aubree!

Aubree is very supportive, she always comes to family functions and activities. When I recently performed in the Salt Lake Tabernacle Aubree came to the concert with her parents.
Following the performance I met my family members outside of the Tabernacle where we all huddled together in a circle and talked about the concert. During our conversation Aubree told me that she could hear my voice. Now... with nearly 400 women singing I knew that Aubree couldn't actually hear my voice but it made me happy to know that she knew my voice well enough that she recognized the part that I sang and knew that I was one of the altos. Things to know about Aubree: She has a beautiful smile. She's a very good student. Uncle Mike says she has musical talent (very important to Uncle Mike), she plays the violin and the piano. She has a sense of humor. She has a dog named Biscuit. She is one of the eight Ann's in the family. She likes "Survivor". She's a good sport. She likes going to Disneyland. We spent a week in Yellowstone with Aubree and her family. She's very sweet. She's very neat and tidy. She is a good daughter and sister. We are all grateful to have Aubree in our family and we love her.
Aubree's family: Aubree, Julee, Ammanda, Archie, Alyssa, and Biscuit
13 comments:
I really love Aubree. She has always been such a sweet girl and I don't think I've ever seen her unhappy. She always greets me with a smile and a hug. I've also been impressed with her musical talent.
Love you Aubree!
"On the day that you were born the angels got together and decided to create a dream come true..." were the words that went through my mind when I first met Aubree. That song has echoed in my mind after the birth of each of my daughters, and when I hear it I can picture holding each of these beautiful infants in my arms.
Aubree is the baby girl. Julee and I know here as our "Golden Child". As you may know however, my baby girl is a senior in high school and is a beautiful, independent, mature, loving, forgiving, charitable and talented young woman.
Aubree's independence began three and a half weeks before her due date. When she was born!
There was this occasion when Aubree was about a year old. I had been to a week-long software conference in Chicago. It was a conference I attended every year. They would always have a big party on the Thursday night with great food music etc, and then one session on Friday morning and then I would fly home on Friday afternoons. This particular year I was especially anxious to get home. So I skipped the party and took a later flight on Thursday. I came into the house pretty close to midnight. Julee greeted me and we went into the bedroom Aubree and Alyssa shared just to get a glimpse of my girls.
Aubree was awake. As I approached her crib she sat up in bed, her eyes wide and a huge smile on her face. I felt like a million bucks. I hugged her and kissed her and held her for awhile before putting her back to bed.
A couple of years later we were all watching the movie while you were sleeping. There is a scene where Sandra Bullock is outside on a plaza next to the Chicago river right across from the Tribune building. I announced to the family that "hey I've stood right there". Aubree, about two or three at the time, turned to me with impressed astonishment and said YOU DO?!
Life with Aubree is awesome. She recently fulfilled a goal she's had for a couple of years of performing a song in Uncle David's honor at the Christmas party, and was successful in getting her dad to sing along.
Aubree's beginning to make college plans to attend SUU and I'm continuing to prepare myself for the next phase in life.
Aubree is one of my four guardian angels on this earth and I love her with all my heart.
I love that Aubree frequently performs at the family Christmas party. Her song this year was terrific.
And when she did the Jingle Bells bit at the end of her song a few years ago, I was, as Grandpa would say, chuffed.
I'm glad Aubree is a part of our family.
Aubree is AWESOME!! She is very delightful to spend time with. She is a very solid person. I have never seen Aubree grumpy or moody. She strikes me as a real thinker and observer. She adds a lot to our family. She is a very talented girl. I was blown away by her musical talent at the Christmas party this year. She is very good!!
I am proud of everything that Aubree has done with her schooling too. It is very impressive. She is a hard worker and it has paid off. Aubree also has a beautiful smile.
I love you Aubree & I am proud of you!
I love my lil' sissy! She is not only one of my best friends but my personal fashion consultant. Whenever i question an outfit, I first go and ask Aubree who usually gives me a thumbs up. I also remember the special high school days when Aubree would help me get ready for a dance by doing my hair. I would get compliments from numerous girls and when asked what salon I went to I said 'it was no salon it was my sister.' I like hearing about her days at school and I admire her piano skills. I too use to play but Aubree's skill have far surpassed mine. I also recently discovered what a good artist she is when it comes to drawing. She recently brought home some artwork from school and her charcole pieces were amazing. I'm very proud to call her my sister.
JuLee says...
To my wonderful Aubree.." and Aubree is her name"....I whole heartedly love you and enjoy your company. I remember when you were a litte girl..."When I was just a little girl I asked my mother what shall I be".....anyway, you and I would have our wonderful conversations and you would always start out and say "Mom guess what "tomorrow have Lunch" or Mom guess what "tomorrow have dinner" or Mom "today have lunch" etc... (laughing)...and we would take turns with starting our conversations and quickly changing the start up conversation and then laughing...You are fun Aubree....I dont know what I am going to do when you leave and go off to school.
I also remember when you would get to go to lunch with your dad and I when your sisters where in school and you thought you were the princess and it was so hard for you to not go out to lunch when you started school. You knew you were missing out. I am so happy that you are moving up in the world and joining your sisters in life....I love you and enjoy your company
Love
Mom
Aubree guess what "tomorrow have lunch".....
We got to see Aubree twice this year, without going to Utah! She's always a very pleasant person to be around and that says a lot. It says something about Archie and Julee too. Anyway, hope we see you again soon Aubree.
Uncle Tim said....
I LOVE AUBREE!!!! She is so awesome and a guaranteed remedy for a frown (if you chance to meet one). She always has a happy countenance and can always crack me up.
I love being in Aubree's presence and feel like I am a better person afterward. I especially enjoyed the time our families spent together in Disneyland this year. Megan and I had a great conversation with Archie, Julee, Ammanda and Aubree on the San Clemente Pier. It was a simple conversation with loved ones and we shared some laughs. I will never forget it.
Aubree, you are going to enjoy a happy life because you carry happiness with you. Everyone that you know (or will yet know) will be influenced by your sweet and delightful demeanor.
I love you!!
Aubree is a good sissy poo and has a great personality. She is very smart and fun to be with. I am so glad that she is such a good skipper now.
Aubree rule. *peace sign*
I had the honor of being interviewed by Aubree for a school paper. I was very impressed by how prepared she was for the phone interview. She had such intelligent questions, and being married to a journalist whose job includes interviewing, I think I am qualified to give Aubree a A-grade for her work :-) She was so mature and professional. Eat your heart out Katie Couric! She also sent me a copy of the final paper she submitted based on the interview and I thought she did a wonderful job. Not just because she was writing about me :-) but because she has skills! I'm glad we're related!
I love Aubree, she ALWAYS makes me laugh. She is beautiful. She always ACTS so quiet but underneath I think she has a very subtle sense of humor. She is a classy young lady!!!!!!
From Aubree.....
Aunt Lesley,sorry it has taken me a little while to post my comment. When I first heard that I was family friday, I was at school listening to the message from my phone, that told me the grand news! I was so excited I yelled "I am family friday!" I obviously got some funny responses from my other classmates. I want to let you know that when you write about someone in the family it is more than just making them feel special. You remind them of thier fabulous personalities, each with thier own quirks.
Love Aubree
Aubree has the BEST smile--it's so contagious and she has such a sparkle in her eye. You can tell she is a good, smart girl, and that she loves life. I have had fun getting to know her over the years, and think she is such a fun, sweet cousin. It was fun to read these things about her!
Post a Comment