Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Do You Love Raymond?

Several months ago Michael and I made a discovery; Everybody Loves Raymond. Since then we have laughed hilariously at Raymond reruns. Today we watched an episode that had a familiar ring to it... Raymond was nominated for the sportswriter of the year award. He was very pessimistic about the nomination, he just knew that if he won, something bad would come of it (his idea of bad turned out to be a promotion; which meant more work, more hours, more responsibility... seriously; RAY!!!). So here's where the familiar enters... while waiting for the winner to be announced, Ray's wife Debra tries to encourage him by saying, "it's great to be nominated!" Sound familiar to you? Ray's response, "that's what losers say!" Hmmmmm... I beg to differ. How about you... do you love Raymond?

4 comments:

Lilian said...

I DEFINITELY love Raymond! What season are you on at the moment?? I've seen ALMOST every episode. The last season is the only one I haven't seen them all. I thought I had, but no. I love that I can laugh over and over again at episodes that I can quote word for word. I even start laughing just knowing what's coming next! I LOVE RAYMOND!!

Bonnie and Jim said...

I love Raymond, but I watch it alone. Jim doesn't care for it. I have a good laugh.

Archie said...

Cool Les!!! We've loved Raymond for years. I wish I would have said something earlier.

Melissa said...

Adam and I love Raymond. We have allthe seasons and we love to watch an episode or two every couple weeks or so. We relate so well with his family and my parents who seem so perfect compared to his wild and crazy family. I can relate to the deb/ Marie relationsip for sure. It has to be in our top two shows second only to 30 rock.