Saturday, May 31, 2008

Bye Bye Jr. High!!

It is hard to believe that Caitlin is finished with Jr. High. It seems like she just started the seventh grade and now she is headed for High School in the fall. She has loved her three years at BJHS. She has been a high honor student all three years and was a member of the Honor Society. She was student of the month last November (have I bragged enough?) and in April we attended honors night where we enjoyed a wonderful dinner at the Wight House followed by keynote speaker Jill Stevens, who is our current Miss Utah. That's Miss Utah in the picture.During the eighth and ninth grades Caitlin became involved in musical theatre. This spring BJHS presented Beauty and the Beast where Caitlin played the role of Babette the feather duster (I made that costume, ok I've bragged to much!!). She did a fabulous job!! We are proud of you Rosie!!

8 comments:

Lilian said...

I wonder now if she'll start to wear tin foil dressess??? Hmmm? I can't believe Caitlin is alreay going to high school!!! Soon she'll be *GASP* dating!!!!!!

I didn't know she was student of the month in Nov. so apparently you didn't brag enough!!

(Did you know Jill Stevens is in my stake?)

toni said...

I'm really enjoying your blog. I especially like this one with pix of Caitlin.
See you.
Antoinette

Lesley said...

Antoinette, I loved hearing from you!!! Do you have a blog? How do I find it?

Margie said...

It is fun to see Caitlin's picture next to the picture of you when you were a young girl. I think you two look a like. Both very beautiful. I am proud of Caitlin too!!

BobN said...

Congratulations, Caitlin!

Tiffany said...

Made me teary and I'm not her mother... (although hopefully will be her "ma..." Time flies way too fast! Way to go Caitlin!!! Brag all you want Lesley, you get some of the credit.

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Awww---Caitlin is now a big girl! No, correction. Not just a big girl now, but a beautiful and talented young woman. You have every right to "brag", Les! You work hard being a Mom. Plus I love to read about how everyone's doing in the family so please keep "bragging".

heather said...

I have to say in the three years we have lived here she has grown into a beautiful girl. Caitlin helped me last summer at the Talent Festival and she is just like her mom...radiant!