Sunday, May 4, 2008

Tagged By Tiffany

How to play this game of tag. Post these rules on your blog. List 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 random surprising facts about yourself. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

3 JOYS
1. My family
2. The gospel
3. The ocean
3 FEARS
1. Dead birds
2. Live birds
3. Dogs on the loose when I'm on my walk
3 GOALS
1. A college degree
2. A completely organized home
3. A healthier lifestyle
3 CURRENT OBSESSIONS/COLLECTIONS
1. I collect thimbles. I've been collecting them since 1992 and I have 103 of them. They are the perfect souvenir to buy when you go on a trip because they are small and inexpensive. Some of my favorites include: a Wedgewood thimble, a thimble from each of my three sons missions, a thimble with my name spelt correctly, a Salt Lake Temple thimble, and a thimble made from a gold foil candy wrapper by my nephew Michael, because as he told his Mom, "Aunt Lesley likes these finger covers."
2. I have a beautiful San Francisco style dollhouse that is built on a scale of
1/12. I have collected miniature furnishings, china, silverware, diapers, a baby pram, silver tea service, etc. I even have this really neat miniature secretary I bought in England with 32 tiny books in it that I've had family members sign their names in, but the wallpaper is still in the package and I finally packed it all away (house and everything) for another season in my life so that I wouldn't have to look at the bare walls and feel guilty that I haven't finished it yet.
3. I have a collection of nativities.
3 RANDOM SURPRISING FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
1. When I attended SLCC a few years back I got 4.0 two semesters (this is a surprising fact).
2. I do not like public restrooms (this is so random). After I wash my hands I turn off the tap with a paper towel or with my arm (if it's a tap you don't have to turn). Then I use a paper towel to open the door to exit the restroom.
3. I am a safety freak (seriously). I've always checked on my kids at night to make sure they're breathing, I don't allow plastic bags in the bedrooms (because when they're asleep and the heater turns on it could blow the bag over to their faces, or in the summer and the window is open the breeze.....same thing), I check the carbon monoxide moniter every night before I go to bed, and when my kids were old enough to stay home without a babysitter I wouldn't let them eat anything but ice-cream while I was gone because of the choking factor. Get the picture? There's more but enough already.

I'm going to tag Lilian, Melissa L., Emily, Melissa T., Stephanie

3 comments:

Lilian said...

I'm laughing about the thought of evil plastic bags floating throughout your children's bedrooms just looking to suffocate them all!

When you said you checked on your kids at night to see if they were breathing... I thought about the book "Love you for Always..." and the older mom driving to her married son's house and climbing a ladder to watch him sleep and pick him up and rock him! Ha ha!

Tiffany said...

You are so funny! All those random "fears" and you are still so normal. Ha ha! Love the plastic bag theory and the only thing they can eat alone is ice cream-my kids would love that rule! Fun stuff to read.

em said...

Uh-oh Les, Mason has plastic bags with decorations for his room on his floor.....I guess they aren't empty, so they can't fly! :) ha ha

I am the SAME way about public bathrooms....I never touch the faucet, doors, etc., and I EVEN flush with my foot!!!

This was a fun tag...I will have to do it when I get a minute! :)