Wednesday, May 7, 2008

BYU Women's Conference












Last week my Mother and I spent a wonderful two days at BYU Women's Conference. Some of the highlights of my two days were daily opening and closing sessions where we heard speakers such as Sheri Dew, Julie B. Beck and President Thomas S. Monson (closing session of the conference). I was also able to attend several classes that uplifted, motivated and encouraged me. I was able to give service and enjoyed entertainment by popular LDS performers including Michael McClean who's music brought me peace and comfort years ago during a difficult time in my life. Walking across campus and hearing the bell tower chime the tunes of "Come, Come Ye Saints" and "We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet" brought joy to my heart and tears to my eyes. A sister who came to my aid with a tide stick (she just gave it to me) when I slipped on the wet grass and stained my pant knees, inspired me to be prepared next year with something "extra" to share with someone in need. And being in the presence of a Prophet of God and then singing my favorite hymn "Redeemer Of Israel" with thousands of women (and a few men) at the close of his remarks was a spiritual highlight. I'm looking forward to continuing the tradtion (this was my second year so I think it now qualifies as tradtion) by attending next years conference on April 30 and May 1, 2009.

2 comments:

Bea said...

Among the thousands of women there we met several people we knew, we also learned to take a picture indoors showing the background, a feat for me :o) It didn't rain, I'm in for next year
Bea

Tiffany said...

What a wonderful experience! I have thought for years that one day when my kids don't require CONSTANT attention I would love to go. (Great picture too!)