
A few years ago we were at the Buzz baseball game. I just happened to glance up at the huge scoreboard just in time to see the lit up digital letters JULIO. Thinking I was reading the stats of the current player up to bat, I excitedly brought it to the attention of those who were with me, "that player has the same birthday as me, July 10!(JULIO)". My son Jeff (laughing) informed me that was not the players birthday, but his name; Julio.Today is JULIO and I'm 50 years old!! What ever way you look at it (half a century, five decades, 15 years from Medicare and Social Security) it
is better than the alternative.

I'm so grateful for all the many blessings that I enjoy in my life and I'm looking forward to the next 50!!! I also want to wish Happy JULIO to a few of my birthday buddies; Alyssa Marsden (my neice), Brenda Smith, Lindsey Nelson, and of course Jessica Simpson!!


Here I am in one of the places I love the most; with the one I love the most (together we're 100)
9 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope it is your best one ever and that you do something to celebrate fabulous 50! You know I hear 50 is the new 49! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful Aunt (several in fact who I should mention since they will probably read this)! The other day I used the silver Salad bowl that you gave me for my wedding and thought about you and my mom (because she always makes salad) and thought how blessed I was to grow up with such strong, beautiful, confidant women...no wonder I turned out to be the wonderful person that I am! Love You so much!!! I'm still looking forward to the christmas party!
“Gee Les, you sure ask me to babysit a lot for a brother who’s married now and lives in Salt Lake.” I guess you made up for it by coming all the way to Reno to tend my kids. You’re a great Ate. Thank you for taking me to see Jaws followed by my first cruise down State Street (in a Ford LTD station wagon). Thank you for introducing me to The Osmond Brothers, The Partridge Family and “A Star is Born.”
You’ve raised (along with Mike of course) a wonderful family and you’re a wonderful person. I hope you have a wonderful 50th birthday.
Love,
Alan
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a wonderful day.
I hope you have a wonderful 50th BIRTHDAY!! This world is a better place because of you. You have been a great blessing in my life, and I am so glad that I have had your example. I have learned so much from you and I appreciate your wonderful example. You are a CLASS ACT and I love being around you. I hope it's a great day for you. See you at Cherry Hill...
Happy JULIO, Les!!!!! I waited for Alan to get home at 1 am last night and said we have to go to Lesley's blog and be technically the first one to greet her Happy Birthday. But then Melissa beat us to it. Well, even though Alan already sent you a greeting I want to send you my own and say HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Les! I think you are one of the lucky ones who appear ageless. You still look as good as when I first met you 23 years ago! So 50 is just a number apparently. Thanks for being such a great sister to Alan (and to me as well, of course!) although I'm not quiet sure I'm grateful you introduced him to The Osmonds :-)But I forgive you since it's your 50th birthday. ENJOY!!!!!
Happy Birthday to my FAVORITE SISTER! You are the best sister and I'm so glad that you are MINE!!!
I wish I had known the JUL10 story before I posted my blog today!!! It's so Lesely!!
LOVE YA! MEAN IT!
Happy Birthday!!! I am sitting here waiting for you to get home so we can come gift you! (By the way, you don't look fifty at all.)thanks for blazing the way into the the 50's for me! Love you,Becky
Happy Birthday Lesley!! I hope you had a fun surprise tonight!!! It was fun to visit, to plan our 5k, and to set a date for our girl's pajama party! You are such a fun mother-in-law, and I love you! Love, Em Bem
You share my mom's Birthday...July 10th! And, no worries she is older than 50. You don't look a day over 40. Maybe it's all that walking you do! We see you every morning on the way to Caleb's bus stop. Keep smiling ;)
Post a Comment