
This morning I'm a little bit proud of myself. I set a goal and I accomplished it. This morning Kristin, Emily, and I ran/walked in the Gobbler Gallop 5-K run. I finished in 42:25 minutes. I know that's a lot, but I finished. When I was done I told Mike that I thought I was the last runner in. He assured me that I wasn't, "...the man with the oxygen tank still hasn't come in..." (seriously, there was a man with an oxygen tank). He came in a few minutes later and then still a few more runners after that. I'm grateful to Kristin and Emily for staying with me. Kristin (our marathon runner) could've pulled way ahead and come in much sooner but she said, "we're going to stay together." I've really enjoyed running in the last couple of months and I plan to continue. Maybe next year I'll make it back before the guy that ran barefoot.
13 comments:
Or maybe next year we can RUN barefoot?! ;) It was a LOT of fun, and I am glad we did it! There is one on Thanksgiving day that I want to do, so if you're interested, let me know! ;)
That sounds like fun. I'll look at the paper they gave us about it.
Congratulations! That really is a great accomplishment!!
Way to go Lesley. That is quite an accomplishment! OH! you got your picture! at a favorite place too!
Way to go! I used to love running, today I'd be the lady on oxygen :) It's so much fun to have a group to stick with!
I am so 'happy' of you. I was thinking about you all day....although I was doing a bit of running today also. I was chasing some pretty cute kids for a while. Did you sleep okay last night? I could still hear voices ...Moses. Moooses.
ps "The' word is unstable!!! Is that refering to me??
I am so proud of you Les. Way to go!! I'm impressed that you are already to do it again. What a fun thing to do with your darling DIL's too. I'm glad you have enjoyed running the last couple of months and that you plan to continue. You inspire me to want to run more.
Way to be Lesley! Excellent accomplishment :)
Congratulations, Les! That is a big, big accomplishment. I'm proud of you. If I do it I probably would end up with an oxygen tank the rest of my life :-) I'm a wimpette that way, so you easily have my respect and admiration.
Congratulations Lesley!! That's wonderful. You did much better on your first run than I did on mine. I came in dead last. They had to hold up traffic and everything. I promised myself I would never do it again, but I did and I finished in much better time. Come run on Thanksgiving with me.
WAY TO GO! I am very impressed-although I admit I laughed out loud at Mike's comment. (Even if it was true!)
Congratulations Lesley! What a great accomplishment. The barefoot idea doesn't sound very pleasant to me, though.
Awesome! Don't you love setting a goal and accomplishing it?!? I loved crossing the finish line with my mom after her first 5k!
Post a Comment