Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Week Off!!!

Woo-hoo!!! Starting Monday I get a whole week off to stay at home and revive my former life as chief cook and bottle washer. Not that I've ever given up that life I've just added to it by leaving the home 2-3 days a week and working somewhere else. Over the last several weeks I've carefully formulated a plan that I'm hoping to execute in perfect detail. First of all, I haven't scheduled anything that would keep me from sticking to my plan. Second, up until a couple of days ago I didn't tell anyone that I was taking the week off. By adhering to #1 and #2 I feel confident that no outside force can deter me from my goal. I have quite an agenda that I plan to accomplish starting with a disorganized room in the basement that has been calling my name since Jeremy got married and vacated it. I'm going to get out my Dickens Village and my Christmas china and get a jump start on the holiday decorating. I'm going to load up the Silver Bullet and take a trip to the DI and drop off a few treasures. I'm going to de-junk and reorganize some drawers and cabinets in the kitchen. I'm going to clean my kitchen windows and blinds. There's the regular stuff too like shopping for groceries, cleaning bathrooms, laundry, cooking, floors, dusting and vacuuming. I also need to prepare a lesson for next Sunday, go to Young Women in Excellence on Wednesday with refreshments and props for the program in tow, I need to go to the temple, I've got to plan and organize our 4th Sunday family dinner which will be our traditional Thanksgiving dinner with our kids. I'm going to walk/run along the Legacy Parkway Trail (everyday). Of course I do need to go to lunch with my friend Linda, her day off is Thursday and I always work on Thursdays so here's our chance to lunch together. I got an e-mail invitation from Amy to go to bookclub Thursday night, I've never been to bookclub before but it's at Rumbi and that sounds yummy and apparently you don't even have to read the book to attend. I'm going to call Tiffany and see if she's going. Today I told Mike that I have so much time to myself next week I think I'll go browse around Costco and see if there's anything we need there (I usually only buy bread and gas at Costco), I told him I have so much free time that maybe I'll start our little fire downstairs and curl up in the lazyboy and watch a movie (I never do that, seriously). Of course I need to set aside an hour or so to do the budget and mail the bills, and whatever I do I can't forget that I'm in charge of the YM/YW combined activity the first week in December and next Sunday is BYC; I've got to have presidency meeting this week so we can get it all organized before BYC meeting. Oh, I've got to present a name to the Bishopric for a new Beehive President since our President just turned 14. This may complicate presidency meeting and organing the combined activity this week. Oh well. I can do it, and I'm sure I'll come up with a few more things to do, after all I have a whole week.

10 comments:

Lilian said...

I hope everything goes as planned for you Les! And the things that have gone unplanned as well ;-)

Bea said...

Do you seriously think you are going to get this all done? I think I would start with the fire and a movie and my blankie as I contemplate the "order" to do everything else in. :o)Let's see, what can you do for me this week Hmmmm. Enjoy, you deserve it, you've earn it, and it couldn't happen to a nicer person :o)

adrienne said...

You are one ambitious women. I guess I'm the same way. I'm so excited that you are planning on coming to book club because you are so fun to hang out with. See if you can drag that Tiffany with you!

heather said...

Sounds like a great plan! I love Christmas villages and I'm curious waht book you are going to read.

Lesley said...

My Mom (Bea) wondered in her comment, what could Lesley do for her this week. My response is: "ask not what Lesley can do for you; but what you can do for Lesley." So my Mom is making lemon bars for my E Of E treat this Wednesday. See, the week hasn't started and I've already crossed one thing off my list :-)

Bea said...

Lesley, you made me laugh out loud. You are great!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonnie and Jim said...

Woe there, Slow down just a minute. If you get all that done in one week - you are hired.
I always plan too much and not much gets done because it's just too overwhelming.
My best to you.
I was wondering if you want to come run on Thanksgiving morning with me?

Tiffany said...

It wore me out reading that-I need a day off now! Good for you. You DESERVE the week ahead of you. If you decide to do nothing on your list but read, watch a movie and shop I'll be even more impressed! :)
LOVE YA

Tiffany said...

P.S. Joshua and I try to walk on the trail everyday. So if you want a couple of companions...

Margie said...

Sounds like a great week Les. A friend of mine told me that her favorite day of the week was Monday. When I asked her why, she said because she had so much to look forward to getting down. I thought that was a good attitude, instead of dreading doing "her list". Good luck with everything. I like the motto...work hard...play hard :)!