Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Best "First Day" Of The Rest Of My Life


"Wake up, wake up, it's April 15th." Those were my words on the morning of April 15, 1977 as I went from room to room waking up my family members.

This was not my early morning reminder to them to get their taxes in the mail; nor was I reminding them that this was the anniversary of the day that the Titanic sank. This was my wedding day.

As you can see we were just a couple of kids, and 33 years later we are a couple of kids with 5 children, 3 in-law children, 6 grandchildren and two more coming.

Happy anniversary to us!!!

13 comments:

Marivic said...

Congratulations Mike and Les for 33 wonderful years together! I am sure your family--kids, in-laws, grandkids--are glad you had the very best first day of the rest of your life because now they share in the happily ever after. Indeed, happy anniversary to all of you!

Stecky said...

I have been thinking of you! I am so glad that you got married on April 15th. ( I am also just plain glad you got married!) It makes it a joyful day. I always think of you first on April 15th. I hope you have a wonderful day. Have you ever heard the song "Lucky"? We really like it. You can hear it on Stephanie's blog. It's a good song for you two.

Lilian said...

Happy Anniversary!!

I look at that picture and think... who took that? Why do that have that "thing" in the picture?? (I don't mean Mike - I mean the outside contraption of sorts)

Tiffany said...

Yay! Here's to at least 333 more years...

Bea said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
I remember that day, lots of stress (a new zipper in your dress) lots of fun (Michael running to meet you) lots of new family relationships (you were the first to get married)
Here's to us.
God Bless us, Everyone !!!!

Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary! I love this picture of you guys. :) What a beautiful day! I love you guys so much!

Melwel said...

33 years....where has the time gone? I met you when you were celebrating your 8th ....Congrats!

Aimee said...

Happy Anniversary!

Alan said...

I remember that day: Got out of school; got a new suit; stuffed pork chops at the Lion House; wore a tuxedo for the first time (Yellow). You guys WERE young but I didn't know it at the time. Happy anniversary!

adrienne said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you guys have a great day.

Karalee said...

Happy Anniversary from the Lehi Dittys! You guys are fantastic :)

Margie said...

Happy Happy Anniversary!! I like your title...it says it all. Love you two!

BobN said...

Happy Anniversary you two!