
Today Mason and I had a "Grandma Day", and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it from start to finish. When we got in the car I explained to him that we needed to stop at the bank, Mason said, "I like a succor Grandma, a blue one." I think Mason has been to the bank before.
During the time that we spent together, every time that Mason addressed me he either started or finished his sentence with, "Grandma." It was so cute. We went to the pet store and saw fish, assorted mice and rats, and... birds. We went to the bookstore and then we went to Arctic Circle. He played in the play area with a cute little brother and sister, at one point the little girl pointed at me and I could hear Mason say to her, "that's my Grandma." When it was time to leave and we were just about to get in the car Mason wanted to go back inside and "hug goodbye", so we went back in and Mason went up to the little girl (no bigger than him) and gently put his arms around her.
I think that my favorite moment of all was as we were driving back to Mason's house, I started singing a song that I have sung to all of my grandchildren, "A Happy Family." First we sang about Grandpa, then Mommy, and Daddy, Baby Tanner, Aunt Rose... at that point I stopped singing, then I heard a little voice coming from the back seat say, "more" so I sang about Avery, then the little voice said again, "more." So we sang about William, Adam, Zachary, Uncle Jeff, Aunt Melissa, Uncle Andy, Aunt Kristin, and Ashleigh... each time I sang a verse his sweet little voice said, "more."
I love "Grandma Days" and I love being a Grandma... it's the best!!
8 comments:
I think being a Grandma is going to be so much fun! I love that you have "Grandma Days" with your grand kids. What a great tradition.
You're awesome!
Lucky Mason !!!!
and the others who have you as their Granma!!!
Especially when you take them to see birds!!!!!
Mason looks so grown up in those pictures. Maybe it is because he is now a big brother. It sounds like a very fun day!!
I have been working on a talk I have to give on "joy in the journey", you are a good example of that!
Mason is such a funny and cute little guy!
You are the best. How do you do it? Because you are the best friend also! I am going to try harder at the things I do.
hahaha...mason's silly smile makes me laugh! thank you for taking him on a "grandma day," lesley. I'm glad u guys got to spend some time together! mason kept saying, "so fun with grandma," so I know he had a good time, too! :) Thanks!!
Oh yeah, and next time, could you take him to Disneyland? hahaha I thought that was so funny that before you came, he thought you guys were going there. When I told him it was too far, he said, "oh, we could just run there!":)
Post a Comment