Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Musings

First of all: On Friday I was tending two of my grandsons; Zach and William. Zachary wanted a drink and asked as he looked in the fridge, "Grandma... do you have anything to drink that's not nutritious?"

Certainly a Grandma must always be prepared with something that is not nutritious, I was thrilled when I looked in the pantry and found a package of Kool-Aid; you don't want to disappoint a grandchild.

And secondly: I went to the store on Friday afternoon and when I came out I couldn't find my car. The worst part of it was... I wasn't at my usual store, I was at "the great and abominable store" where I rarely shop, so I'm not that familiar with the parking lot. There I was with a bag of groceries in one arm and 10 lbs. of potatoes in the other, and I was lost and everyone knew it.

How. Embarrassing.

I even stood on the curbing for a 6 inch higher view of the mass of cars. Thank goodness for the Mickey ears on my car antenna, eventually I found them... and the car. Has anyone else lost their car in a parking lot?

7 comments:

Marivic said...

You are so funny, Les! I sometimes forget where I park, too, but I just keep pressing the remote lock on my car keys because my car beeps when I do that so I just follow the beep :-)One time I even pressed the panic button and set off the alarm just to find it :-) Try it next time I promise it works :-)

Lesley said...

Great advice Marivic... if I'm in Mike's car. My car has no fancies :-(

I just need to select a landmark when I get out of the car and remember it :-)

Lilian said...

Just don't shop at that store anymore! ICK!

Tiffany said...

If it is the store I am thinking about, I LOVE that store!! And did you get the 10lb bag of potatoes because they were only 98 cents last week?!?

Lesley said...

That's the store.

Bea said...

I have several times "lost" my car. Once at Dick's I could not find my car or the truck, then I remembered I was driving Mike's car. lol.

Margie said...

I love the comment from Zach!! Did you know my Grandma Bench loved giving her young great grandchildren diet coke? It always made me laugh that she enjoyed to share her diet coke with them.

I have found that is another good reason not to talk on the cell phone while driving. It is a distraction on remembering where I have parked too.