Saturday, July 9, 2011

New Hobby #1

"When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top." Anonymous

Usually I blog about what's happening in my life. Just the day to day things that go on, things that I want to remember, the occasional "freckle story" or the "I-can't-believe-that-I-did-that-but-you-probably-can-believe-that-I-did-that" in other words... a Lesley story. I don't think that I've really ventured into the TMI department yet (remember how hard it was for me to publish my pet peeves?), so I hope I'm not too close to the TMI line now.

When I did a post on
hobbies during my 30 day blog challenge, I was really bugged that I couldn't write about one teeny, tiny hobby that I was currently involved in. I decided that I was certainly the most pathetic (sorry Lilian) and that I needed to change that asap. As I contemplated this I recognized that I've been in a bit of a rut, and so I decided that I needed to make "Me" my new hobby. Although there are some things that I need to improve in my life, there is one in particular that I have had some concern for, and that is my health; and the fact that I want to keep it.

For over twenty years I have been an avid walker, it is my favorite form of exercise, but for the past couple of years I have been a real slacker (not completely; but a slacker nonetheless). I am also a lifetime member of Weight Watchers but I have been a slacker there as well. So I decided to pick up the slack and six weeks ago today I started my new hobby by going back to Weight Watchers, and Mike came along too. I can honestly say that it has been a happy and productive six weeks, and I'm happy to report that a week ago today Mike and I reached our first milestones together.

Last week as Mike and I were having a conversation about our "milestones", I shared with him my personal mission statement about Weight Watchers (or whatever healthy program people are involved in):

"When I follow a healthy lifestyle through daily exercise and eating right, I feel good about me... and losing weight is a bonus."
Lesley Leger

My goal for reaching my next milestone is Labor Day weekend and I feel confident that I can accomplish it. And by the way; if you happen to see me eating chocolate, don't worry... I worked it into my plan.

1 comment:

Bonnie and Jim said...

That's Awesome! It's great you are both working together. By the way Happy Birthday Lesley!! Hope you have a wonderful day!