Thursday, May 19, 2011

TDBC Day 19: A Hobby

This has been my most difficult post so far in this 30 day blog challenge. When I couldn't come up with one.single.hobby that I am actively involved in right now, it kind of depressed me... I decided that I am the most pathetic and that I need to renew my interests asap.

I have enjoyed many hobbies in the past such as sewing and handiwork. I've lent my voice to singing with Starflite, Echoes of the Heart, and We Also Sing. I've tried painting ceramics and wood. I've done a little gardening (I'm not very good at that but determined to get better). I've scrapbooked and made cards. I've read books. I've done crossword puzzles, and yada, yada, yada...

I have two hobbies that I'm going to start working on within the week. I'll be sure and let you know what they are asap. I'm kinda excited about them both.

There are more than 300 women in We Also Sing; I'm on the top row in the middle, but I'm sure the audience was only seeing these two on the front row.... with their enthusiasm it's hard to tell that we were all singing the same song ;-)

This is a blanket and burp cloth that I crocheted for Miss Avery

I made this purse for my sister "in-law" Marivic

3 comments:

Melissa said...

The burp cloths you made for Hannah were our FAVORITE! They were the cutest, most durable in the whole batch. We'd plan our laundry around using your burp cloths so we didn't have to use the other store brand ones too often! Can't wait to bring them out again in September!

Bea said...

Variety is the spice of life so it is good you have many interests. Always room for more.
You do what you do well.
I guarantee with putting in a new yard your interest in gardening will increase. :o)

Marivic said...

I'm just trying to get caught up with blogs right now while on a break at work :-) Les, you should not feel bad that you don't have a current single hobby. You are so talented, you should keep trying whatever seems interesting to you. I love the purse you made for me. Whenever I use it, people think it's a designer purse until they get near and see it's cloth. I should look for the picture of me posing with it taken several summers ago and send it to you.