Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's Just A Pleasure Being Nominated

For years I've been saying, "it's just a pleasure being nominated", and now I've finally won something! I was once a Price Is Right loser, now I'm a blog winner!! I want to thank my fabulous niece Melissa for nominating me for this blog award. Especially for remembering how observant I am in noticing school buses with snow on the rooftops (in Southern California). You might want to check Melissa's most recent post and you'll find she should definitely be awarded something for it!!




Rules associated with this award:

1. The recipient must link back to the awards creator.
(http://www.thebabblingsofmere.blogspot.com/) (a student in Texas)

2. You must post these rules if you receive the award. (I did)

3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself. (check the list below and see if you are on it)

4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere. (I think I passed the qualifying round)

5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient. (look below)

6. You must create a post sharing your win with others. (that's what this is)

7. You must thank your giver. (thanks again Meliss!)

Characteristics for the Smile Award:

1. Must display a cheerful attitude (my father-in-law nicknamed me "Happy")

2. Must love one another. (I do)

3. Must make mistakes. (I do)

4. Must learn from others. (I do)

5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world. (I think I am)

6. Must love life. (I do)

7. Must love kids. (I do, especially my 4 grandsons)

5 AWESOME bloggers who I know qualify for this award are:

1. My sister Lilian who was blogging for a couple of years before I even knew what a blog was.

2. My daughter-in-law Emily who does such wonderful birthday posts with pictures of the most beautiful birthday cakes.

3. My daughter-in-law Melissa who has a baby development ticker on her blog that tracks the growth of her unborn baby.

4. My friend Tiffany who makes me laugh and smile every time I'm around her and always leaves comments on my blog.

5. My friend Stephanie who did a post about the Kirby salesman. She deserves a much bigger award for putting up with him.

4 comments:

Margie said...

I second your award. You are a very happy person, and that is one reason why I love to be around you. I loved what you said at our girls party..."It's not just a pleasure being nominated", it is a pleasure being a winner!! You are a winner!! I have tried to call a couple of times to tell you how much I loved your paint and furniture. It is very beautiful and classy!

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Well, it's about time this award move along!!!! I only passed it on to Mom and Melis like what --a month ago? JK! :-) I agree with Margie. You are very deserving Les! And maybe I get to see your remodelled house soon in September!

Lesley said...

Margie and Marivic-you two are just putting a big smile on my face:-)
Love ya, mean it!!

em said...

Thanks for the award, Lesley, 'it's just a pleasure being nominated." ha ha ;)! Now only if the cakes I post were actually MADE by me....;)

I agree, you are a VERY happy person!!!!