Tuesday, August 26, 2008

High School Tag


This is a tag from Heather. It was fun to remember High School on the day my daughter started her sophmore year!





1. Did you date someone from your school? Yes. I was a senior when I met a really cute boy named Mike Leger.

2. What kind of car did you drive? The family station wagon (but it had wood on the side which was really cool back then!)

3. Were you a party animal? No.

4. Were you considered a flirt? I was actually really shy around boys; but there was a time when Mike and I were on a group date (we were not each others dates) at the skating rink. I winked at him as I skated past him and the rest is history.

5. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? I was in choir my sophmore year.

6. Were you a nerd? No.

7. Were you on any varsity teams? No.

8. Did you get suspended/expelled? Never.

9. Can you still sing the fight song... For years I could remember the school song, and I can't even think of it at all now, but our school colors were red and gold! (I can remember my Jr. High song)

10. Who were your favorite teachers? I had a seminary teacher that was really fun. He was young and handsome and about to get married and he played the guitar and sang to us, I remember thinking...I'd love to have a husband who can play the guitar:-)

11. Where did you sit during lunch? Usually in the lunchroom. In my Senior year I used to love to go to Dees on the corner of 2nd west and 5th south. I could get a hamburger, fries and a drink for $1.00.

12. What was your school's full name? Viewmont High School.

13. School mascot? A Viking.

14. If you could go back and do it again, would you? No.

15. What do you remember most about graduation? Mike and I were dating and we had to cross the stage alphabetically. He was an "L" and I was an "M" so we were able to sit by each other and then cross one behind the other.

16. Where did you go senior skip day? Pineview Resevoir.

17. Were you in any clubs? I was an officer in the pep club. I still have my school sweater.

18. Have you gained some weight since then? Oh yeah.

19. Who was your prom date? Mike Leger.

20. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? I didn't go. I did go to my 20 year reunion (12 years ago).

I tag all of the women who are related to me who are bloggers or bloggers by association...Mom, Lilian, Margie, Marivic, Alana, Kara, Melissa L., Emily, Melissa T., Jessica. this is a fun one!!

9 comments:

Lilian said...

This is a fun tag!!

Bonnie and Jim said...

What a cute picture of your graduation!!

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Les, this is a really fun tag! I love all your answers. I already answered in my mind some of the questions and there's a lot of potential for funny stuff just because I didn't go to an American High School. I'll work on the tag this weekend. I hope Caitlin's sophomore year is off to a great start. Apparently, she and Tara were talking about high school stuff last night. I didn't ask but maybe it's about surviving the social order or disorder in the high school world? Or it could just be about clothes and boys :-)

21 said...

I never knew the winking while skating story!! That was pretty brazen, Leloo.

Tiffany said...

Your answers made me smile! I can't believe you had the audacity to wink at another person's date!!! Guess it's good you did... Also-did the Dee's you went to have a big clown out front? I remember going there when we would "visit my grandparents in America." Fun tag-I opted out of it when Heather tagged me-I hadn't lived in the COUNTRY even 2 years when I started high school...not my fondest memories...

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Okay, Les. It was too fun to put off till the weekend so I did the tag.

Margie said...

That is so exciting for Caitlin to start High School. It is a fun time of life. I still feel like I'm in High School, because I taught twice this week. I loved your picture too. I hope Caitlin has had a good week. I remember you telling me how fast the High School years go. Having had two children now graduate and Megan starting her Junior year, I have to agree. You just turn around it is is over.

Bonnie and Jim said...

Ok Lesley I need to know what your dream was about. Did my hair turn green and fall out?
Bonnie

heather said...

Thanks for doing the tag...I love stories when people met in High School!