Les Mis will be playing at BHS September 27,29,30 and October 2,6,7,8,9,11,13.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Les Miserables
As parents do we realize just how many times during our children's public education we are the ones being graded? Such is the case when you have a child in a class like musical theatre. I signed a paper in the summer saying I would provide a costume for my child for the upcoming production of Les Mis. I am required to pay for the costume, make it (or pay someone else to), and have it done by a certain date or her grade will be lowered. Caitlin is required to be at BHS at 7:30 am on September 20 in full costume for it to be inspected and credit given. The first time I ever saw the words Les Miserables I thought that was exactly how it was pronounced, just the way it looked (are you laughing?). Of course now, years later I know the correct pronunciation. But a few days ago it really was Les is miserable. I've had a very busy and hectic 8 weeks and everything in my life has been put on a priority list. Monday night we got home from a 4 day trip, and on Tuesday after being at work all day I came home and looked at the patterns and realized that I was in trouble. Caitlin had to have an over skirt, an under skirt, pantaloons, a peasant blouse, a lace up the front vest, oh....and an apron; by Saturday. Well I think I've broken my own record. Wednesday morning her costume was still on bolts of fabric at JoAnn's, and this morning here she is the most beautiful "filthy beggar" you ever saw, off to BHS to be inspected and graded. I really hope that I get an A.
Les Mis will be playing at BHS September 27,29,30 and October 2,6,7,8,9,11,13.
Les Mis will be playing at BHS September 27,29,30 and October 2,6,7,8,9,11,13.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
WOW!!! You are AMAZING! She looks awesome. I am planning on going to the show. I am very excited.
PS-If I were the one grading, I'd give you an A+.
Yes, I was laughing at Les Miserable.
It is gorgeous and I had all faith in you. What a supermom!She looks great! Was the casting right in making her a beggar? She should have been someone in the upper class. I am so 'happy' of her.
Looks great, Lesley! I can't believe you did that in so little time. I'm impressed! I'm glad YOU got an A! ;)
AWESOME!!! way to go Lesley! I'm sure you'll get an A for that one!
FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!!! you are the GREATEST !!!!!!!!!!! and she is the CUTEST !!!!!!!!!! Not to worry only three years of high school left :o) well, actually less than that. :o)
Holy cow! Great job. It looks fabulous.
If they give anything less than an A, please pay them a visit and let them know what they can do with their freckles :-)
A+ in my book Les! Thank goodness in Tara's theatre years I was always given the option of "cash donation" so some other dedicated volunteer Mom could do the costume. Otherwise, she would have been in BIG trouble.
Caitlin is so cute. Beggar looking she isn't? Tara would be so jealous she is in Les Miserables.
Caitlin's costume is FANTASTIC. She is so lucky to have you as her mom. I am so impressed and it definately would have caused me stress to have pulled that off. You are very talented. When is Caitlin's play. We would love to come. WHS did Les Mis a couple of years ago, and it is incredible what a High School can do.
Les, Caitlin looks gorgeous. You did an excellent job!
Hi,
I want to see their play. would you ask Katlynn if I can still get tickets please?
The outfit looks great! Most of all I like your pronunciation.
Post a Comment