Anyone who knows Granpa Marsden knows how much fun he is. He can't just paint a room, he has to turn the paint roller into a guitar!
As I watched Michael working hard at removing the tile he'd put in 16 years earlier, I felt a bit guilty. He never complained and did a wonderful job of laying the new updated tile.
Michael and Dad did painting, molding, tile, light fixtures, and hardware. I took on one project myself. My 26 year old railing. It is as sturdy as the day it was put in and there was no reason to replace it. So I decided to paint it. I was very nervous that it wouldn't turn out right so I procrastinated as long as I could and then I jumped into the project. This is how it's looked for 26 years.
I put a primer on it first and realized right away it was going to work. Whew!!
This is the finished product!! I am a happy camper.
Looking for furniture was a major undertaking for me. I was amazed that I found it on the first day I went looking. I bought the chair at the RC Willey outlet on 90th south and Redwood and my sofa at RC Willey in Syracuse. Both had to be picked up within 24 hours. A complicated feat accomplished by me and my parents.
click on sofa photo for a better view of details
There's still much to do but here's a look at the decorating so far. Michael did a great job with the new light fixture in the entryway. I wanted something close to the ceiling so that it wouldn't interfere with our painting of Ashleigh.
All of these accessories at the end of the hall were placed here before, but I think they look much better with the new paint and molding.
That's it so far, stay tuned as the project continues!
11 comments:
What can we say? is that the best you can do? The help is handsome can you intoduce me?
Great the new couch and chair! I love browsing at RC Willey, we will have to wait about ten years to buy anything new...marker and spit up, you know! Time and season I frequently tell myself and this is YOUR season. Have you tried Tai Pan Trading?
It looks great!! I'll have to come see it in person. Redoing a room is so much fun!
Wow... I noticed there was some awesome new carpet there too! And the new tile? I'm hoping the rest of the story will come because I'm sure your experience in selecting flooring was just as exciting!!
Everything looks GREAT!!!
I LOVE the new couch and chair! Everything else looks great too...my railing looks exactly like yours used to...and yours turned out great! Hmmm. I feel a project coming on : )
I love it. I didn't look behind me to see the picture when I was there. It's beautiful. Who painted it? How fun to have a new room. I hope there will be many years of joy and good memories there. I'm happy for you.
Les and Mike, it looks AMAZING! I want to come see it sometime.
Can I come and collapse on your sofa sometime soon. I HATE SEPTEMBER. I need a friend day. The railing looks wonderful. Today is Tuesday....night...Centerville sometime soon?
Hi, Les, Yes, I'm back! I'm exhausted so I'm sneaking in a few minutes here at work to check family blogs to relax. My boss won't mind. He worked me to death the last 2 days.
Wow! I love your "new" house. I "approve" of the color choices and furniture :-) Not that my approval is needed, but just saying :-) The couch looks very comfy and inviting. I wish I could have seen it in person but time was too short this weekend when we were there. But more excuses to go to Utah are coming up so we'll see.
Marivic
Les...It was so much fun to see your house in person yesterday. I does look great. I am so happy for you. I will be so glad when we are done with our little projects too. It feels good to get a new look. Thanks for your help.
I loved it when I saw it! Are you going to help me paint my boys' room now? Ha Ha. Just Kidding! Last night I had a dream I was at your house and there were bowls full of candy EVERYWHERE! I was so HAPPY until I WOKE UP and there was NO MORE candy! Unfortunately, I will admit I found some Milk Duds in a cupboard and ate them for breakfast!
(Would HATE to have that dream analyzed!?)
Post a Comment