We just returned from a four day trip to Yellowstone National Park. Granpa and Granma were there as well as Uncle Derek and Auntie Dorothy who were visiting from England.

And of course....us!!

On the way we stopped at the Rexburg Temple and then to see Sean who is attending BYU-I. Later that day Sean received his mission call to the Austrailia, Adelaide Mission.


While in the park we saw lots and lots of these.

Including this one that was practically on my front doorstep!! Come in!

We didn't see many of these, which was very unusual.

But Caitlin managed to get this one eating out of the palm of her hand.

Sadly we didn't see any of these (this was last years trip).

Unfortunately I saw to many of these!! This picture may have to be deleted!

We saw three of these.

But most of all I saw these....and I love these!!
8 comments:
A perfect post about a perfect trip. We did have fun. The company was good, the food was good, the weather was perfect,and the chauffer was handsome. Can't wait till we can do it again.
That was clever to get an elk eating out of Caitlin's hand. You are great writer with a tender heart.
Granpa
It sounds like all of you had a great trip. I always think of Mike when we go to Yellowstone. Tim loves it almost as much as Mike. Thanks for stopping to see Sean. I know it meant a lot to him as he is adjusting to being away from home. I loved your pictures too!!
Looks like a fun trip. I like the picture of the animals at the end!!!
Wow, looks like a really fun trip! I'm not a wild animal kingdom kind of girl, but the animals look very fascinating. My favorite is the elk on Caitlin's palm. Very clever! And those in the very last picture look pretty tame and well-behaved. How did you train them to do that, Les? :-)
I love Yellowstone! Jeff and I actually spent some time there for our honeymoon. Looks like you had a great time!
I'm jealous. Yellowstone is so much fun. Of course I know Caitlin well enough to know that picture was a set up-I don't believe she would ever allow an animal to eat from her hand. (Me either though!) As for the bird picture, I am very proud you were able to post it. Looks like a fun, fun trip.
My dad likes to call it Jellystone and does a great Yogi Bear impression so that is how I always think of Yellowstone. It is an amazing place and I love the pics!
Post a Comment