Friday, September 26, 2008

To The Women In My Life

Tomorrow evening the women of the church (and the world) will have the opportunity to listen to our leaders during the annual General Relief Society Meeting. I have my DVR set to record, as I will be at Caitlin's opening performance of Les Mis . The choir for tomorrow nights meeting is under the direction of Merrilee Webb, an amazing musician and teacher. I have the privilege of being in another choir, We Also Sing which is also under the direction of Merrilee. She is a gifted teacher of the gospel, and as I go home from each rehearsal I feel that I've been fed spiritually; not only by the beautiful music that we are singing, but also the thoughts which she shares with us each week. It has been a learning experience for me and I've enjoyed every minute. I'm hoping to recruit some of you to join the choir for next years performance. The concert will be November 1st in the Salt Lake Tabernacle at 5:30 and 7:30 pm.

10 comments:

Little GrumpyAngel said...

That is so awesome that you are part of this wonderful group, Les. Proud that I have such a talented and rock LDS sis in law. You're a good example to me. If I lived in Utah I'll donate or host dinner or do something to help your choir to make up for the fact that I can't sing and won't make the choir even if I wanted to join :-) You'll all vote me off the island after the first rehearsal!

heather said...

YAAY! That sounds like so much fun. I really need to get back to singing, but I am just not sure how to do it with all the kiddos. You are a very talented singer and I am sure Caitlin was fantastic. PS Caleb plays Wednesdays at 6PM, it's a hoot...

Bea said...

it was a great meeting, well worth leaving home for :o)

BobN said...

Yes, one of the many things you might wish you could bottle and bring out whenever you needed it, is the feeling from a rehearsal with Sister Webb.

Karalee said...

I'm going to try to come to the concert. I love things like that! Jill was in a choir lead by Merrilee a couple of years ago, and learned SO much from her! She's unbelievable. You lucky girl!

Bonnie and Jim said...

Thanks for the Birthday wish. It kind of came and went this year. Thats ok, I just wish if they went that fast I didn't have to turn another year older.
This choir you are singing in sounds very nice. You will have to tell me about it.
Jim and I would like to come to the play next Monday, Oct. 6th. I hope there are still seats. Let me know.
Thanks

Margie said...

What an uplifting post Les. I'm so glad you have had such a wonderful opportunity to work with Merrilee Webb. Music is such a powerful way to share testimony. I loved the General Relief Society Meeting. It got me so excited for conference. I hope everything went well for Caitlin. I need to find out when her performances are. We would love to come see her perform. I love Les Mis. I can't believe how early in the school year they are putting this on!

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Les, I tagged you.

Tiffany said...

Paula and I will be there...As for me singing in a professional choir...now that is a funny thought!

Lesley said...

Thanks for all the comments!