Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tag! 7 Random And/Or Weird Facts About Yours Truly...

This is a tag from my sister-in-law Marivic. I'm not sure how interesting my random/weird facts are, but they are me; so here goes:

1. When I go grocery shopping I can never take the first item on the shelf, I have to go to the next one which no one has touched (of course someone has touched it, how else did it get on the shelf?). I also check pull dates on everything. I make sure the boxes and packages aren't dented or wrinkled (that is a weird fact). I also have a system in the way I load my shopping cart; once while grocery shopping a total stranger looked in my cart and then at me and remarked that mine was the most organized shopping cart she had ever seen.

2. My favorite books are "The Little House" series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I've read them over and over. When Caitlin was in elementary school we read the entire series together. It took about two years. At the end of each book we each signed our name and the date.

3. I love dolls. I have ever since I was a little girl. I have a collection of Madame Alexander dolls (including a Laura Ingalls doll).I also have two American Girl dolls. This one is Samantha.

4. I am an Apollonian (hence, #1 random/weird fact on this post) trying to survive a Dionysian lifestlye (it isn't easy at times).

5. I was once the Primary President and the Relief Society President on the same day.

6. I have an aneurysm in my head. I found out a few months ago and have only told my husband, children, parents, siblings, and a few friends. It's only 2mm. Not a big deal (unless it goes "pop"). But I did learn how to spell a-n-e-u-r-y-s-m.

7. I have always loved creating things. I'm not necessarily creative when it comes to designing things, but I'm very good at following directions when it comes to sewing and handiwork (this is one instance where random/weird fact #4 becomes either a blessing or a curse in my life). Currently I'm into crocheting.When I was a little girl I loved to design houseplans (blueprints). Once in a while I would take cardboard boxes and makes houses out of them. Not your typical "dollhouse", but more like a 3-D dollhouse that you looked down into, like a blueprint. My poor Mother would get frustrated when she discovered that I'd used all of her scotch tape so that I could tape my cardboard walls together. Who knows, maybe one day I'll really design my own dream house.


The 7 people I'm tagging are:
1.Heather 2.Becky 3.Bonnie 4.Adrienne 5.Amy 6.Tiffany 7.Aimee

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Why does the organized grocery cart fact not surprise me!? I knew most of your other wierd/random facts. One of the reasons I love you so much is because you are "just a little" wierd..... (birds, chicken, grocery cart, etc.) LOVE YA!

Bonnie and Jim said...

I still laugh when ever I see a bird. My mother's maiden name is Bird so it has a double effect on me. I think about you being afraid of birds and my mother. I sure love you. Your wonderful because you are always so happy. That's rare these days. Thanks for making me smile.

em said...

ha ha ha...I never take the first item on a shelf at the store either, and I do that with clothes too. I get the cleanest looking ones off the racks! These were fun to read, Les!

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Les, I love reading this so much. I knew some of these , but the ones I didn't doesn't surprise me. I'm glad there's a Greek tragedy term "Appolonian" to apply to your personality. It sounds better than obsessive-compulsive :-)ha-ha--ha! I don't think it makes you "weird". I think it makes you interesting! I love interesting people so I'm glad you are my SIL.

Aimee said...

I just finished my tag post. Your's made me laugh because I am the same way with my grocery cart. I always have people comment on how freakishly organized I keep it. The cashiers usually thank me because I can unload my cart in the way I want stuff to be bagged.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Lesley,

Thank you for your comment on my blog and the link to your sister-in-law's blog. I loved her post. It was so beautiful. I hope my new baby will bring that kind of healing to me.

So help me figure this out...you are Jeff Leger's mom? Is that right? I know you've left a comment before and I noticed a photo of him on here. And your sis-in-law who lost a little boy is married to your brother?

AND...I love the title of your blog. It is so clever.

Thank you so much for reaching out to me. And what is the story of your little angel?

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Thanks for your response. Would it be alright if I got your email address? Thank you for clarifying things for me. My brain has been so jumbled these past few months and I've had a hard time keeping everything and everyone straight. Now I think it is in there for good.
My email address is mollymjackson@gmail.com

I remember your blog post so well now. You changed your blog layout so it took me a minute, but I got it. I have really been needing to find someone "older and wiser" and further down the road of grief than I am. I have several online friends who have also lost children but it has all been within the last few months. While this is so good, to have other mothers to talk with, I find that I need someone who has "made it through" the hardest parts (?) and can share their journey with me.

Aren't Jeff and Melissa having a baby soon?? That is exciting. Thank you so much. You are a wonderful woman.

RBS said...

Leslie,
How lucky to be Marivics Sis-in-law. Cangrats on your good news. I have sung in the conference center before and it was an amazing experience.
Roxanne